Tuesday, July 31, 2007

It's Like Living in a Time Warp!

I went for my 3rd and final Twinrix vaccination last Thursday. It was due in the spring but I kinda forgot. I remember last time when I went, my doctor laughed at me when I had his secretary take this pic of him giving me my vaccination.

Today though, as I read the this post that I wrote November 15th of last year I realized that in some senses I feel like I (and my fellow adoption friends) are living in this weird kinda time warp!

Life goes on for sure. If you’ve read here for any amount of time you know that no grass is growing under these feet of mine but, at the same time, it almost feels like the adoption time is moving in s-l-o-w motion as the rest of my life moves at normal/warp speed!

Reading the post I wrote last year I can honestly say that I could write the entire post again today and it would still be true. Every single word of it. Weird!

In those almost 9 months (kinda ironic that it’s ‘9 months’) I’ve:
- visited Disney, Vancouver, Minneapolis, Montreal and Georgia plus many other places closer to home
- met more than 30 new bloggy friends in person
- celebrated the birthday of each of my family members
- celebrated Christmas and Easter
- celebrated the birth of 2 new grandchildren of Norma, my China traveling buddy
- and much, much more…

Yet, when asked when I anticipate traveling to China to meet Hannah I still can say with confidence, ‘I’m guessing it’s probably at least another year!’

But ya know what? I’m still 110% confident that God’s timing is perfect and that in His time Hannah and I will meet. I am unbelievably blessed at the peace God gives me during this wait.

'Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.'
Philippians 4:4-7

Oh yes, I can have rough days and a tear soaked pillow at night, but always, always ‘peace that passes all understanding.’ Praising God for the peace He is providing!

18 comments:

  1. Funny how you have the photo of the doc giving you the injection. I never would have thought of that! It's weird how many things happen in the time that we are waiting for our little girls. So very much can happen. It will eventually get here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand the thought of living in a time warp. It really stinks.

    Ryan and I had a discussion last night about the fact that if things continue as is it will be April 2009 before we receive our referral - wow! just typing that brought instant tears -

    It's hard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you my dear friend for sharing this post. You always inspire me and remind me that it will happen as it is supposed to. You are an example of how to keep busy.

    It does feel like life is happening and we are still hanging out in this waiting limbo.

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Time warp indeed! That is the ONLY way I get through is the belief that my kiddo (and everyone else's apparently) just is not ready yet. Sometimes I almost forget for a while. Sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, life sure has been busy for you during this wait. That is definitely the way to be to keep ourselves sane.

    I heard that if you water your pillow regularly, good dreams will grow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. "I’m still 110% confident that God’s timing is perfect and that in His time Hannah and I will meet."

    AMEN !!

    We still need to go get our shots started and now we have little Maddy to go get in just a few short months. (or maybe that is looong months)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wonder why this is all happening and just last Sunday it occured to me that God has his plan and this wait is to help me be strong and closer to him. This did bring me comfort but did not stop the tears. I shed them for all of us waiting these days.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're awesome! I love ya! That's all I have to say. :)

    k

    ReplyDelete
  9. Time Warp forsure!!

    I've been telling everyone... "Probably this time next year" for over a year now...and I'm STILL saying that!!

    I'm just praying that hopefully one of these next months soon I'll be actually RIGHT about what I've been saying!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hear ya and totally understand! Gosh you have been busy though :). I reall need to start my shots too. I'm good with the heb B but need the rest. Ouch :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I also totally agree with you about Gods Timing even if it is hard to take at times :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Praising and PRAYING with you, my friend. Our girls will come...when they're meant to come.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I remember that post! Guess I better get going with that sometime (I know, I have time)...just what I love...more needles...eeks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm looking forward to the picture of you chugging back your dukeral!
    I can't wait for the "perfect time" because I believe you will be an amazing mother!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Catherine,
    You said it so well, or should we say God said it so well!! Hang in there it will happen!!! Sending lots of love your way!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Catherine,
    I now hav you on my blogline so that I can litter your comment section :D Also, after much nuddging, I took the pw off our blog, hope you will stop by :D

    I read that post too and it broke my heart as I read it. I feel so bad for waiting families and sometimes wonder how fate made me look at a waiting child list when I was bound and determined that we would not go that route. I should be waiting with you (LID 12-29-05)but that was not God's plan. It is still hard to watch my friends suffer through and wonder when the end will come.

    On a lighter note, I am so happy for you ~ going to SLC with Lisa, Maisie and the girls! What a wonderful time you will have!

    Ladybug hugs!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your attitude! I feel lifted after reading posts like that!!! (not the injection bit!!!)

    YOu are so right. Its not easy every day, but have faith that God does know what He's doing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are a very encouraging blogger, thanks for posting the reminder that all of our journey's are in good hands!

    Smiles! :o)
    Nikki - who has a sick computer but will soon be up and running with a new laptop!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...