Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Skating Fun with Friends

Thursday night Norma and I headed into the city with her sisters and friends to enjoy dinner together and watch Stars on Ice. What fun we had!

The fun started out at the restaurant where we remembered to ask for separate cheques before placing our order. Wouldn’t you know it….4 of us ordered the exact same things and all of our bills ended up being within $0.50 on one another! We couldn’t have done that if we tried! (Pictured left to right: Marg, Marie, Shirley, me, Donna and Norma)

After supper we braved the cold (the calendar reads ‘April’ but you’d never know it from the cold temps and flurries!) and headed to the ACC. We arrived with the perfect amount of time to find our seats, settle in and then enjoy the show. It had been years since I’d been to a skating show and oh did I enjoy this one! It featured Brian Orser, Kurt Browning, Jamie Sale and David Pelletier (see video) plus many others. Many were just back from competing in the World’s in Japan just the week prior. Cool!



Norma's sister Donna and I sat together and were the perfect pair....'Who's that?' 'I don't know.' 'Ask Marie'...and so it continued like that through much of the show. LOL! A great time was had by all!

When we got back to Norma’s we visited more (since Friday was a holiday so we could sleep in) and I finally headed home sometime around 1am. Thanks for the invite Norma! Same time next year?

On another note, when we were at Norma’s she showed us this great ‘Towel Cake’ that her daughter made as a wedding shower gift. Isn’t it beautiful? So many pretty details and it looks almost good enough to eat. :o) Bonnie has started to make these and diaper cakes too to sell as shower/wedding gifts. If you live near me and are looking for a beautiful, unique gift that a few people can purchase together, let me know and I’ll be happy to give you more details.

2 comments:

  1. Neato! LOVE skating. Sounds like a super evening.

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I first saw the post I thought YOU were skating. C'mon, that would be fun too.

    The towel cake is aboslutely beautiful. Great job to the creator.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...