Friday, October 29, 2010

One Year Ago Today…

Mom, Dad, Norma and I boarded a plane first for Vancouver and then for BEIJING!  We were going to China and were just days away from meeting Hannah XiaoFen!!!Imported Photos 00004

Truly, I cannot believe an entire year has passed.  How did that happen?

We left Toronto bright and early that Thursday morning and our hearts were soaring higher than the plane!Imported Photos 00001

I vividly remember the wonderful feelings of anticipation, giddiness, excitement, a little uncertainty yet more than anything I remember God’s peace covering me like a blanket.  In the past, unknown adventures ahead had led to anxiety and fear but this time peace.  Sweet, sweet peace.  A peace that only He could provide.

The plane that flew us to China!!! Imported Photos 00009

I had to keep pinching myself.  I was on the way to China to meet Hannah!!! Imported Photos 00024

This was one of our first glimpses of Beijing.  I was immediately struck by the sheer density of the population as we looked down upon row after row of apartment buildings.  (We were later told by our guide that there are no single homes in Beijing, all are apartment style buildings!) Imported Photos 00012

When we landed in Beijing it was one day later, Friday, October 30th, late in the afternoon.  We had been up for a while as the flights had been 5 and 11 hours long but you can tell that sleep was not on my agenda.  I was now standing in the very same country that my daughter was living!!!Imported Photos 00013

Imported Photos 00015

Imported Photos 00017

Imported Photos 00020

I think in this picture I think I’m asking our wonderful guide Sarah if she knows when we’ll be meeting our babies?  And….she did!  Less than 72 hours after this picture was taken, Hannah would be placed in my arms!!!

Imported Photos 00027

We settled into our rooms Imported Photos 00003 and while mom and dad went downstairs to the hotel restaurant to find some supper, Norma and I ventured out into the night to see what we could find.  The adventure had begun!   Mmm…cake.

Imported Photos 00028

Hmmm…last I checked we didn’t have Seaweed or BBQ Steak Pringles at our local grocery store.  Imported Photos 00023 

We were less adventuresome deciding on plain Pringles, coke and apples for supper but we sure did enjoy them.

I will be forever grateful to Mom, Dad and Norma for going on this trip of a lifetime with me!  It wouldn’t have been the same if even one of them had been missing.  We were a great team and I love them all SO much!  Thank you again!!!  Love to each of you….xoxoxo

This was the picture I was holding tight too.  Mommy was coming XiaoFen.  Mommy was coming!

Hannah_1

11 comments:

  1. Wow, that was a fast year but at the same time it's so hard to believe it's only been one year. hannah has changed so much and grown like a weed with your love.
    Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my . . . that went fast! Wow. So one year ago we were hitting refresh a thousand times on your blog, waiting anxiously to see little Hannah finally in her mama's arms . . . forever! Great memories!

    k

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing year it has been!! I remember your leaving and how excited I was for you! I too remember logging on every morning to see if there was another update of your journey....such sweet memories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe it has been a year that all of us waited with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking at you in these pictures makes me tear up at just how HAPPY you were, or should I say are! You and Hannah are both so very lucky to have each other :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe that it's been a year already, that was one fast year. Happy almost Hannah day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!
    That means the girls and I have known you that long. Or feel like it anyhow!!
    You were actually GLOWING Catherine!

    God Bless You!

    Miss Lila and girls!

    ps Sadie(5)is always asking me if so-and-so will be at Disney world when we go. (in 2011, March we think) Such as, "Nannie, will Strawberry Shortcake be at DW when we get there?"
    Today she asked me, "Nannie, will Miss Catherine and Hannah be at DW when we get there?"

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know I'm echoing everyone else but...I just can't hardly believe it's been a year. Wow! As I'm moving closer to a referral myself I love revisiting your trip. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! A year already! I say it everyday...time is flying by! SO amazing to revisit that life changing trip.

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't believe how quickly a year can pass...well I guess I really can!

    I remember you getting ready for your journey and all the excitement that there was!!

    You and Hannah have had quite a year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The years surely didn't seem to fly as quickly when we were waiting, did they? I have LOVED watching Miss Hannah grow and change over the last year. I am excited to watch her change from a toddler to a little girl. I hope it doesn't happen too fast. :o)

    Hoping Miss H is feeling better!

    HUGS to you both!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...