Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Already??

Uh oh! We woke up this morning to a beautiful blanket of white covering everything. Although it was pretty I must admit that one of the first things I did was check the upcoming weather forecast to see what the temps are going to be to see if I'd need to shovel or if it might melt soon enough. It's supposed to be sunny and above freezing by Sunday so the shovel still hangs in the garage ready for it's first workout of the season later on.

The thing about the first snowfall of the winter is that people seem to forget how to drive in snow and there are accidents galore. As of this morning the tally in the Toronto area was over 400! Yikes! I know I need to keep reminding myself how much longer it takes me to stop so need to travel slower and leave more space between myself and the vehicle in front. That I remembered.

What I forgot was how slush reaches out into the roadways from the curbs and I received my first 'soaker' of the season this evening on my way back to work. I'm not a huge fan of boots so pushed it by wearing shoes. Oops! For those who aren't too familiar with winter 'fun,' a soaker is when you step into slush and it quickly seeps through your shoe/boot and your foot is instantly wet with cold, slushy icey water. Oh yah...good times! :o)

6 comments:

  1. You need to wear pretty heeled winter boots.... classy in leather. Hope you don't get anymore soakers this winter! (I remember them; the bone chilling water running down your ankle into your shoe.... then the wet sloshing as your foot freezes). Oops, no moving back to Maine for me!!
    Thanks for the memory!!

    Alyson
    Mommy to 26 month old Alyzabeth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a brave woman not wearing boots! And 400 accidents? That's insane! Glad you stayed safe.... enjoy the white stuff!!! Lucky!

    Lisa :)

    P.S. You have now been tagged if you care to do it. Check out my blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh man, i don't know how you guys survive this! stay warm- and dry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well we are still in the 80's.. can't believe it is snowing already..
    Have a Great Weekend..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about the soaker. We had freezing rain here the other day and everyone forgot how to drive! Now it's just cold. *SIGH* winter strikes again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so JEALOUS!!!! It was muggy, humid, drizzly and about 75 here today!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...