Wednesday, May 06, 2015

Hannah’s Second Piano Recital

Monday evening Hannah played in her second piano recital and she played so beautifully!!

She’s been playing for about a year and a half now and is doing great!  We’ve incorporated practice into our normal morning routine which is a huge help.  The consistency of daily practice makes such a difference in her playing!

She started the evening by playing, ‘Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star’ and it was ‘exquisite’ (using Nana’s term after she played.)  Her crossover was beautiful.  Unfortunately I missed the first bit on the recording as she was so excited to start Mommy just wasn’t ready. Smile

After her first piece I joined her at the piano and we played a short duet together.  I think Mommy was more nervous than Hannah was but I can’t tell you how amazing it was to be playing a duet with MY DAUGHTER!!  We are so blessed to have one another and I am forever grateful to God for the gift of Hannah is my life!  I’m one blessed and thankful mommy!!!IMG_2783

The evening ended with Sharon’s (aka Nana) nephew Chris playing a medley of songs from he had composed from the movie, ‘Frozen.’  Chris is an amazing pianist and composer and it was great to hear him play again!  I often listen to his compositions that he has uploaded onto YouTube.  I didn’t have my camera with me when he played but this is a version of the same that he previously recorded and uploaded to YouTube.

At the end of the evening, Hannah won an award for 10 weeks of practicing at least 5 days a week.  My practice habits when I was learning to play were inconsistent and poor at best and I want to offer Hannah a better learning experience so I have made a 1800 turn when it comes to our practice habits. 

We had a crazy busy weekend and since it was also an hour after her bedtime, my sweetie was sound asleep when she received her award.  Awe!IMG_7292

It was a treat to listen to all of Sharon’s students play.  What a beautiful evening it was!

Hannah woke up in time to share a cookie with Papa IMG_7293

and to open her gifts when she got home.IMG_7300

Way to go Hannah!  You are doing so well with your piano lessons and Mommy is so proud of you!! 

Thank you Nana for the gift of music that you are instilling in our girl!

5 comments:

  1. Hannah did an amazing job!!!...and she looked so cute! Her duet with mommy was adorable! Congratulations on winning your award, and keep up the good work. Looking forward to the next recital already!

    Love and hugs,
    "Auntie Joy" xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hannah was perfect! And Chris isn't bad either! ;) I love and admire that you are so into making piano a successful experience for Hannah. You are an inspiration to me as I plod along with my own kids!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Circe.0, we practice daily but it isn't always pretty! I have the patience of Job with my students but Hannah sometimes gets the, '2 beats!!! A half note gets 2 beats!!' rant from mommy and I've walked away to cool off more than once. Lol!!

      Delete
  3. Ha! It is always worse with your own! When I taught, I never lost it explaining things to a classroom of 18. But throw in a cranky, tired Marin during after school homework instead and....wow! Not pretty! LOL!! "Just do it! Just get it over with! It's not my homework, it's your homework! Whining about it is not going to get it done faster!" Ahhhh, only 12 more years to go! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome!!! Love that music is a big part of your lives.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...