Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Mama’s New Toy!

My parents gave me a BBQ for my birthday the year that I bought my house…17 years ago.  It’s needed to be replaced for a few years now but it just wasn’t in the budget.IMG_4431  Last week I went to our grocery store and on a last minute whim decided to check out what they had left in stock.  I’d shared my thoughts with my Dad about wanting to buy a new BBQ and his one recommendation was to ensure that the racks were stainless steel.  After replacing mine a few years back with some inexpensive wire racks I knew that he was right.  Needless to say, by looking at the pic below you can tell that my BBQ had been out of order for a long time since I preferred not to add rust to my food!IMG_4432

When Hannah and I went to the seasonal section they had a few BBQ’s left.  I was excited when I found one that met my budget and had stainless steel racks but unfortunately they were all sold out.   After thinking about it a bit more I figured it couldn’t hurt to ask if they’d like to sell the floor model.  I was super excited when not only did they say yes but they dropped the price by another $30 so it ended up being over 60% off the original price!  Add to that that I had enough points to pay for it, I ended up getting it for FREE!!  Dad was excited that it was already put together and he wouldn’t have to do it for me!  A win-win for both of us! 

The BBQ didn’t fit in my car but Dad and Mom offered to pick it up for me the following day and brought it to our place.  Ahhh…now that’s better!IMG_4434

We checked out all the connections and after Mom and Dad left it was time to fire it up!IMG_4435

Yummo!  Steak with sautéed mushrooms (sorry K) and a baked potato with Heluva Dip were the perfect meal to christen the new BBQ!  All that was missing was the kalamata aioli M3IMG_4433

We enjoyed our first meal on our BBQ!  The second meal quickly took us back to reality.  Tube steaks!  (aka hot dogs)  Now that’s more like it for us.

6 comments:

  1. MMMMM, grilling makes anything taste better! We keep ours covered (canvas weatherproof) and its lasted a long, long time... Hope this one is around for another 17 years :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the reminder Ani! I need to buy a cover and some tools for it soon.

      Delete
  2. Looks delicious but where are the vegetables, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Thanks N!! Mushrooms for me and broccoli for Miss H!

      Delete
  3. Yum yum yum!! What is that dip, btw. Never heard of it. Do I need to try it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You're a great shopper. Our BBQ racks needs replacing as well, but they can cost almost as much as an inexpensive BBQ, so I'm dragging my heels, waiting for a great deal. I think I may go hunting next week, as we tend to use our BBQ quite often in the winter months as well.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...