Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Together 1 Month!!

Today Hannah and I celebrated being together as a family for 1 month! We spent a fairly quiet day at home but the importance of the date was not missed by mommy. One month ago today my life was forever changed when God ordained for a precious baby girl to be placed in my arms and little XiaoFen and I would be forever mother and daughter.

It's truly hard to believe that it's been only 1 month as I cannot imagine a moment of my days without her! Hannah and I are a great team and we do everything together. Having never been a mom before I wondered what it would be like. So much of what I knew as my 'normal' would be forever changed. Would I miss my Independence? Would I mind waking at night to soothe a little one? Would I miss the freedom to 'drop and go' with friends? All these questions and many more can be answered with one single word....NO!!! I don't miss any of these things.

Hannah is my everything and now we are a team. I know that we will find a balance later on where we are not together 24/7 but for now that's what she needs and you know what, that's what I need too!! I have waited so long for my precious daughter to arrive that I don't want to miss a moment if I don't have to.

I am very grateful for the parental leave I am granted from work although today marked a new step in our path as I began to teach piano again. Hannah was upstairs with my mom and she did really well! I did ok too and my eyes only filled with tears for a moment when I initially had to go downstairs and teach. Other than a little bit when she was sleeping one evening when we were in China, this is the first time we've been apart and it was tough! But, when I was done I came upstairs and was greeted with a big gummy grin and she'd had lots of fun playing with Grandma. I'm glad she did so well as I teach a little tomorrow night too and then we're off to a night of celebration as my friend Deb is hosting a shower for Hannah at the church. My sweet baby girl is already loved by so many and is so blessed with the love being showered on her!

And since truly no post is complete without pictures I'll share a few here. Please ignore the nose. It's kinda a standard look this week. She has a cold and I have a feeling she might be teething too based on the amount of chewing she's doing on her fingers and oh ya, the diaper she gave me tonight which required a full clothing change of every item she was wearing!



Playing with taggie in her crib.


I'm already seeing how important it's going to be for me to either pull out the tripod and use the remote or, have others take pictures of the two of us together or my little girl is going to grow up with pics of only herself in them. I'll start doing that soon.

A video which captures her wonderful little personality so well! I was introducing a new little stuffed lamb to her and it was fun to see her embrace it at her own speed and to see her jumps of joy too!


23 comments:

  1. Congrats Catherine. It was great to follow your journey in China and now that you are home too. Enjoy these days. They grow SO fast.
    I enjoy reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, this girl is GENIUS!!! She dropped her lamb on the floor, then touched the "Mary Had a Little Lamb" song on her exersaucer!! Genius, I tell ya!!
    Glad that the piano teaching went well. Your girl is a star!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is sooooooooo cute!!! Thank you so much for the video of her with her sock monkey that you sent to me!! I love watching her "think"!! It's so precious!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great video. You are doing a terrific job with her.

    Don't know where Two Kayaks heard that in the video, but if it occurred, nice touch

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd forgotten how fun they are at this age. It is so neat to watch them explore their world.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have always done a picture of MacLean and I for our xmas card and every time we are out I ask someone to take one of the two of us. She is so very sweet and we hope to meet you someday. Take care,
    Shauna and MacLean

    ReplyDelete
  7. I alwats like the videos, but I like this one even more than most. I love the way she thinks it over before she takes the lamb. This kid is pretty bright, no question of that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was going to say the same thing that K1 said! LOL She is a genius!! She knows how to pick her songs!!

    I'm glad the piano lessons went well. I am sure it was tough.

    I can't believe it has been a month. On one hand it doesn't seem like that long, and yet on the other you two seem like you've been a team for longer.

    Love the pictures!!!
    Hugs to you both!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy celebration! She is truly a gem but I'm sure you know that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It has NOT been a month!! Get outta here. Crazy... I can't even picture you without Hannah now.

    By the way, you are such a wonderful Mama, letting Hannah take her time to meet lambie exactly like she was comfortable doing. Not everyone would do that.

    Ro and Ree LOVED this video. They want to watch it over and over.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy One Month together:) She is just precious!

    Defintely get yourself a remote. You need to get in some of these pictures with your sweet girl!!

    Have a wonderful week!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on your one month anniversary as a family! The video of Hannah is adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, the video is cute, but she's even more precious in person!!! So fun to spend the evening with you. You and Hannah received a lot of lovely gifts. You are so blessed Cathy.

    Continuing to celebrate with you,
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hands down just the cutest thing :) She has the best smiles too. Love how she keeps looking to you for reassurance as she checks out the lamb.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've never seen a baby Hannah's age with such an intense and long attention span. She is impossibly dear and precious. I wouldn't be able to resist granting her every wish. How can such a wee one ooze such incredible charm?

    ReplyDelete
  16. ok that is officially my fave so far. to watch the wonder in her little face and her reaction to the feel of the fur was priceless..........she embraced the whole experience didn't she?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy 1 Month!

    She has just the sweetest face. I love how she kept looking at you for reassurance. Shows that she knows who you are. Warms my heart!

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Catherine,
    Congratulations on one month a family!!
    Have you noticed (I'm sure you have) what delicate long fingers Hannah has? This was one of the first things I noticed about her. Most definately a piano player you have there.

    Blessings to you both!
    Miss Lila
    Atlanta, GA
    lilahuggins@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. One month? It seems like you've been doing this forever! I know it might not always feel like it (but hey for you, it might!) but you are a natural with Hannah! I love how slowly you introduced the lambie to her at her own pace, too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  20. A month already! After all the waiting it hardly seems possible!
    She looks so happy, and given that you are not in the photos... I just know how happy you are!
    J and D and M

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...