Sunday, April 08, 2012

An Easter Surprise!

I have chosen to keep the EB separate from Easter Sunday so I spoke with the bunny and asked her to come tonight.  She was happy to oblige so tomorrow morning Hannah will wake to a hunt for eggs and other treats.  Fun!

I wanted to do a little something fun this morning so when Auntie K mentioned the idea she found on Pinterest I knew it was something that Hannah would enjoy too!

Last night she dug the soil  IMG_5184

gathered special jelly bean seedsIMG_5187

and planted them.  I love her little ‘I sure can!’ which is Hannah’s sweet personality shining forth!  I am so blessed to have a daughter that is so caring and loving!

After planting the seeds it was time to water them.IMG_5194

She didn’t have a clue what this was all about but you can see her surprise this morning when she discovered what her jelly bean seeds had ‘grown.’

IMG_5208

This afternoon she was already asking if we could plant more jelly bean seeds so I gently reminded her we’d need to wait until next Easter as it only happens once a year.

Can’t blame a girl for trying though!

This Mommy’s gotta run.  There are some chocolate eggs in the cupboard that I’m going to bury in hopes for a chocolate tree in the morning!  Smile

8 comments:

  1. Cute idea! My boys are already requesting to plant some jelly beans in the garden next year :) hopefully I remember.

    What a cutie all dressed up for Easter! love her little dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! I'm so glad that you did it! How cute is she? Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the cutest thing I have ever seen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute project!!!
    Wonder what would happen if I planted some change? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWESOME idea!!
    I think we will have to plant some chocolate eggs next year! I really like your idea of the chocolate tree! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is soo cute..I wish my kids were younger so we could plant a jelly bean tree:(
    I saw on Pinterest where you write the ending of a word on 1/2 the egg and the the other letter on the other 1/2 (AN on 1/2 and M, R, P on the other 1/2) and when they turn the egg it makes different words. I think I have it pinned under school ideas:) A fun way to learn and play with all Hannahs eggs:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun idea!! Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...