Saturday, April 30, 2011

A Big Day!! Hannah’s 1st Haircut!

I’ve always known that I wanted Hannah to have bangs but because her hair naturally grows in a way that the front is shorter than the rest, she hasn’t needed a haircut.  Even in the updated care package pics that I received in September 2009 (2 months before we met) you can see that the hair on top of her head was shorter/less full then on the sides.  This pattern has continued which as been part of the reason why we’ve been able to wait so long before her first cut.  Here is my little love at 5 1/2 months old.  So sweet!!!

yong xiao fen2 sept 16, 2009  5 mos

Originally I was going to take Hannah to the lady who cuts my hair but then Norma told me about Melonhead and I knew that was where we’d go for sure!  I’ve seen friends in the US who go to places like this so I was super excited when a children’s hair centre was located so close to home!  What a great place to have your child’s hair cut.

Hannah was excited to go even though I’m not sure she really understood what she meant when she kept saying, ‘Hannah.  Haircut!’  We walked in the door and she was sold!

When her name was called we chose the pink car and Hannah had fun ‘driving’ it during much of her haircut.

DSC_7722

I was so proud of Hannah!!  She didn’t have one single second of hesitation, was not upset and truly enjoyed the whole thing!  I have a feeling that with the cool car to ride plus ‘Nemo’ playing on a TV above, she was just having a great time and not really paying any attention to what was happening.  (Hopefully that will bode well for her not finding scissors and copying, deciding to cut her own hair.  I moved all the scissors out of reach a long time ago but have a feeling with Hannah’s personality this is just a matter of time.  We’ll see!)DSC_7724

DSC_7727

Bangs created.  I was happier with the length before they were textured but I know they’ll grow so I’m not concerned in the least.

DSC_7731

My biggest desires for her bangs were that they be light and wispy and not too wide and the young gal captured this perfectly!  I was convinced Hannah would age before my eyes when I got her hair cut but in this particular pic I think it’s the opposite and it reminds me of many of her baby pics.DSC_7734

This pic makes me giggle as she was so relaxed during the whole thing and spent much of the time driving the car with her feet!DSC_7733

Finishing touches – a barrette and sparkles!DSC_7736

Since this was Hannah’s first haircut the store creates a special package for the parents.  This was the girls working hard to get a good picture for Hannah’s memory package.

DSC_7745

DSC_7750

After Hannah was all finished she was in no hurry to leave.  It was close to the end of the day so the car was not needed so they handed Hannah the bubbles and we were invited to stay.  (They’re really cool bubbles too in that they don’t spill.  They sold them there and since she had done so well having her hair cut it was easy to decide to purchase one for her as a treat!)  Here she is just hanging out after her cut.

 

DSC_7758

DSC_7759

I was hoping Hannah would just get a small trim and tidy up the ends of her hair and that’s exactly what she did!  I am so happy with her cute new look and I really don’t think it changed her look much at all.  Yay!

Before

DSC_7719

DSC_7717

After

DSC_7783

DSC_7779

Another first behind us.  Way to go Hannah!!DSC_7820rev

12 comments:

  1. She is as cute as ever!

    Congrats Hannah on your first haircut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got some great pictures of Hannah! I remember being nervous that the boys would look different (and I already thought they were the cutest they could be) - but I actually thought their haircuts made them cuter!

    I'm lovin' her new 'do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, she looks adorable! I want to get my hair cut at that place. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute. That is the same sort of place I first and used to bring Maisie and she too always had fun. Maisie and I have chanted over and over hundreds of times that the only one who is allowed to cut her hair is Miss. Tina, not even Mama is allowed to use scissors on her hair. Hopefully this will always keep the scissors out of her hands.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's adorable. I've never heard of, or seen, hairdressing shops like that before. (I don't blame her for not wanting to leave)

    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hannah is still as cute as ever. I have been procrastinating getting Charlotte's hair cut for the very same reasons as you. Charlotte's banges are now half-way down her eyelids and the hair on the sides and back of her head are beginning to look really scraggly--like a rag-a-muffin. Thanks for posting Hannah's adventure--I think I may just have to put aside my fears and take Charlotte for her first beauty adventure. There is a children's hair cutting place really close to home, but Hannah's adventure sounds like so much more fun. The car and bubbles sound like so much fun.

    Take care,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too cute! I like the bangs.

    The certificate is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah Hannah! What a cool place to have your hair cut. They should make them in adult size!

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable as always!! I will definitely be going to Melonheads when the babies need their hair cut for the first time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great first haircut! It looks very soft and natural. Hannah looks very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. (I swear I commented before, blogger must have eaten my comment)

    The barber shop on Main Street USA in Magic Kingdom does a great 'first haircut' with 'complementary' mouse ears for $18, you don't have to tell them it's her second haircut when you go ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...