Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Better Late Than Never

Last week was a busy, busy week so I ran out of time to post about the last bit of the trip that Dawn and I shared together.

After our adventures in China Town and the homeless area of Vancouver on Friday we decided we were better off with our own wheels below us. (I think our family and friends felt better about this too. When they heard the part of Vancouver we'd been in and the fact that we'd been walking, many said prayers of thankfulness for the safety that God provided.)

Saturday morning (Jan 27th) dawned bright and sunny and off we went. We visited another Babies 'R Us and added a few things to our gift registries plus hit another more exclusive baby store in New Westminster. Let's just say we enjoyed 'window shopping' there and Dawn bought a gift for her friend.

On Friday I'd purchased some Murchie's Tea for Sharon and since it would make nice souvenirs, Dawn and I sought out another location and purchased more.

After that we headed to the movies to see, 'The Painted Veil'. It was a beautiful movie that Dawn and I both enjoyed as it was filmed in China and featured beautiful photography of China. A real treat if you can catch it on the big screen!

The movie is based in the 1920's and is about a couple who go to inland China during a cholera epidemic. The movie even showed many scenes that took place in an orphanage. It's a movie I would highly recommend. If you'd like to read a review click here.

After the movie it was time for Dawn and I to say out good-byes as I was flying out the following morning and she in the evening. We had an absolutely wonderful few days together! We often commented on what a gift from God our friendship is. He has taken 2 waiting moms who are living across the country from one another and allowed us to become great friends sharing this adoption journey together, but more importantly, sharing our faith together.

Dawn, thanks so much for flying to Vancouver so that we could meet in person! It was a great time and I look forward to the day when we do it again....with Hannah and Annaliese! Blessings friend. Love ya!

6 comments:

  1. Ahhh!! Your post makes me miss you all the more!!

    I do know that God has brought the two of us together for a special purpose and I'm sooo glad that Annaliese will know Hannah here in Canada!!

    We will FORSURE get those two together one day!!

    Bless you friend!! It was a blessing to meet you!!!

    Love Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun!

    Woman, you let no grass grow under your feet....I can't keep up.

    How fortunate to get to meet with Dawn :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a great time! Before long you are going to have met ALL the bloggers!!! heehee

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your two are 2 peas in a pod!! You are gonna be friends for life!! Glad to hear that you had a wonderful time!!!
    When are you heading to Saskatchewan????

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really do want to see that movie. Maybe this weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to see that movie!

    So nice that you two met!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...