Wednesday, July 12, 2006

One Little Fun Fact...

I want to share just one more interesting fact I learned about the beautiful city of Calgary, Alberta. Besides the Saddledome, the city is also known for the Calgary Tower. This pretty tower was a short walk from our hotel and although I was near it and in it a few times, decided not to travel up to the observation deck this trip. We were staying on the 23rd floor of a hotel close by so I figured the view wouldn't be too much different. Besides, I was too cheap to pay the $13.00! Oh yes, some days I am my father's daughter! :o)

What I thought was neat was that the Olympic torches that were carried in 1988 were created exactly the same shape as the tower. I thought this was a neat little bit of info to learn. Kinda cool, eh?! (Had to do that for my American friends!)



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the tid bit of information....I never noticed or knew that....very cool!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...