Monday, April 24, 2006

Meeting China Travelmates!

Yesterday I had the priviledge of meeting 2 of the 7 families that I will be travelling to China with! What a sureal experience to meet these people for the very first time knowing that eventually we will travel half-way round the world together to meet our precious children! When this will happen we're not sure but we hold on to the fact that it will happen in time. Let me introduce you to a couple of my new friends:

Russ and Lesley with their beautiful daughter Lotus.


You may remember me telling you a couple of months back about meeting a guy at work and finding out that we would be traveling to China together. That's Russ. It was so wonderful to finally meet his wife and daughter yesterday! Lesley went to China as a single when she adopted Lotus so she has lots of great tips and insights for those of us singles.

Another couple:

Bonnie and Robert

They are adopting their first child just like I am.

Another picture we managed to take yesterday was one of some of the single girls. Kim and Nancy are both about 6 months ahead of me in the adoption process so I'll be learning much from their experiences!


Kim, Nancy and myself.

It may have been a rainy day outside but it was sunny inside the house as we all talked about the children we'll meet in China.

3 comments:

  1. It is always a joy to meet others who are sharing the same journey as you. I am lucky to have a great group of chums (a couple are good friends now) through my agency online group. This time is when we build the friendship with other adoptive parents that will last forever.

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!!

    I can not wait to meet my travel friends!! We chat online all the time already but they live 10 hrs away!!! =(

    Glad you enjoyed your day!!

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a terrific day for you Catherine. I'm sure you will all now be lifelong friends since you are sharing this incredible journey together. We can hardly wait for our time. Take care, Sherry-Lou is already working on a page for your scapbook for Hannah.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...