Sunday, April 09, 2006

March DTC Group - What's In A Name?

Today we found out the 3 finalists for our March DTC Group name poll and I was excited to read that my 3 favourites made it! Each family was allowed to vote once. Some of the suggestions were:
- Fortunate Parents
- Good-Luck Pups
- Lucky Parents
- March Firecrackers
- March Ladybugs
- March Madness
- March Mandarins
- March Miracles
- Marching Pandas
- Spring Dreams

What would you have selected?

I wavered betweed March Miracles and Spring Dreams but I can't remember what I finally selected.

The final 3 options are:

March Miracles


Marching Pandas

Spring Dreams

The logos have yet to be finalized but one of the girls was nice enough to create these as suggestions. Designing a logo sounds like fun and I have a few ideas floating around in my head but just don't know where to start. Might play around a bit with it over the week.

Once a name and logo is finalized, we will have things such as t-shirts, pins, caps, etc. made that we can purchase. They will be fun to wear now but will also be a good thing to have in China to help us meet one another in person.

Now for my own mini-poll, based on name alone (ie. not logo) which of the 3 choices do you like best?

I'll post our group's winner here next week and we'll see how close we are. I will be happy with any of the 3 names so I think for me it will depend on what kinds of logos people design this week. If any of you know how to design a logo and want to have a go at it, please feel free to do so and email it to me. I'll put it forward to our group as a suggestion.



3 comments:

  1. From another March DTC'er (who never voted at our site...ooops! Although I did get my name in for the secret pal gift exchange thanks to you!) I vote the March Miracles here! I like that logo the best right now anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not that I get to vote but . . .

    I like the "marching pandas" name but I like the spring dreams logo best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo, I love Spring Dreams. And I even like that logo. Is it just a placeholder? I think it's awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...