Saturday, April 15, 2006

Spring Storms

Like mother...like daughter. I love a thunderstorm! My mom taught me to enjoy these and I'm glad she did because I can see how they could easily be something scary. The only part of a storm I'm not too fond of is when it gets too windy. That part I don't like. I think it may go back to my days of watching 'The Wizard of Oz' when I was too young. Seeing it once as a child was once too often for this kid! After that, I remember going to call on friends to come out and play when the movie was on (yup....waaaay before the days of VCRs and DVDs!) but they were all braver then me and were inside watching it. Nope...not me. I happily skipped or rode my bike on my own but under no circumstances was I going to watch that movie. For years afterwards I remember being terrified of storms because I always thought they'd become a tornado and sweep my house away. To be honest, I didn't sit down and watch the entire movie until I was in my late 20's and even to this day it's one I don't care for at all. I was glad when Mom finally helped me enjoy as storm and 'listen to the angels bowling.'

Last night as I was checking up on blogs (quell shock!) a wonderful thunderstorm ran through our area. When the power went off for a quick bit, thus knocking out my blogging fun, I was quick to take up my usual perch and watch God's display! (What a wonderful reminder as this storm took place of Good Friday.) My favourite place to watch a storm is sitting on my bed with the blinds up and curtains pulled back. When the power goes out for a bit it's even better since the street light's don't take away from the great lightening show! (This picture looks bright but it's just the flash lighting up the room.)

At times, the rain came down so hard it was bouncing everywhere! It's amazing how much water can fall in such a short amount of time! The clouds can only hold it up there so long and then down it comes with a vengeance!

Today the grass is greener, the flowers are taller and the buds on my lilac bush are fuller! I love a storm!

2 comments:

  1. Ooh lah lah chickie. Nice toes! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that storm sounds awesome. I LOVE thunderstorms and we never have them here in CA. I remember some incredible ones from when I was a kid on Pennsylvania though.

    Have a wonderful Easter!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...