Thursday, April 06, 2006

You're Invited to Participate in 'Hannah's Blessings Book!'

Ok, so here's a new project to keep me busy while I’m waiting for Hannah to arrive. Actually, it also gives YOU an opportunity to play an important part in the 'Journey to Hannah.'

To welcome and celebrate a new life, there is a tradition in the Northern part of China to make a Bai Jia Bei, or "100 Good Wishes Quilt". In China these quilts were originally made from garments of family and friends, which would surround the child with blessings. The custom is to invite 100 people to contribute a single square patch of cloth and a cloth scrap. The 100 patches are then sewn together to make the quilt of blessings. The little, cloth scrap goes into a memory book with the wish or blessing.

Rather than create a quilt I'm going to make a ‘Blessings Book' for Hannah. I'm not asking for fabric but am picturing a scrapbook filled with pages of prayers, blessings and good wishes. It will be filled with pictures/mementos from family, friends, co-workers, and anyone following the Journey to Hannah. If you would like to create a page for the book that would be wonderful! The size of the pages will be 8" x 8".

There are a few options available to you:
1. You can create an 8x8 page from papers and materials that you have at home. No boundaries. No limitations. Let those creative juices flow!

2. I can send a kit to you that will contain a background piece of paper, some coordinating scraps and embellishments to start your page. You can add some journaling, photos, mementos...anything goes. It can be as simple or as fancy as you like. I bought one of those big slabs of coordinating scrapbook papers in both solids and pretty prints with pinks, lavenders, blues, greens and yellows.

3. If scrapping is just not your thing, please feel free to send me your prayer, blessing or wish and I will make a page for you.

Please incorporate your name somewhere so Hannah will know who created the page. Also, if you would like to include a picture of your family on the page that would be wonderful! No boundaries…no rules…just have fun and enjoy being a part of the Journey to Hannah!

Scrapbooking experience is NOT needed. This is a gift from the heart! My goal is 100 Good Wishes, so if you'd like to join in you can let me know by either adding a comment to this post or e-mailing me here.

I can’t wait to see all the wonderful Blessings! One day Hannah will be able to read this book and see how many people were praying for her and anticipating her arrival!

Thank you in advance for sending your love in the form of ‘Hannah’s Blessing Book!’

4 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful idea:) I will send you a wish for Hannah:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Count me in!!! I'd love for a package if you have some ready to hand out! I'm sooo not a scapbooker! I guess I'll need to learn fast so I can make Annaliese's!!

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sent out Hannah's page yesterday. Hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...