I’ve been tagged by many people so figure it’s time I finally fessed up to 6 (only 6?) weird things about myself.
1. I count….everything! Eating McDonald’s it’s 9 french-fries then 1 bite of hamburger. Repeat. It’s not really planned, just kinda happens. If I happen to eat the 10th fry without a bite of hamburger then I usually go up to number 18 before eating the burger. Along with this comes my the whole numbers thing. You can tell me your name and even though I try to remember it I probably won’t remember it 10 mins. later. I even forget the names of friends at times…right Lucy? Because of this, I often choose not to introduce people. But, I can remember numbers. I remember the phone numbers I had as a child and also those of some friends. Bank cards, Credit cards, SIN…all locked away upstairs in my thinker-boxer for quick access. Not sure how often I'll need them, but they're there.
2. I have trouble keeping characters in a movie or novel straight. They all kinda blur together. Because of this I don’t read mystery novels because the ending doesn’t mean anything. Also, watching movies from bygone eras is a waste of time. Pride and Prejudice? Forget about it! Just a bunch of guys in weird pants and women in big skirts. I’ve been known to write character lists when reading some books just so that I have a hope of understanding what happens at the end of the novel. Light, romantic novels are more my speed.
3. I need to sleep with 2 pillows or my arms fall asleep. Also, my feet are my thermometer. If I get too hot the first thing to happen is to stick them out of the covers. Regardless of how hot it is, I need to have at least a sheet covering me.
4. I love my cold drinks…cold. Have one of those freezie mugs in the freezer ready to go at all times. In it’s life it’s been filled with pop, chocolate milk, orange juice with cherry juice, water, lemonade and much more. If it’s going to be cold it’s best if it’s almost frozen…and even better if it’s partially frozen. I love Slurpee’s!...just ask the girls at the library. That being said, I will happily give up cold drinks in China to avoid ice.
5. I like peanut butter and syrup on pancakes. Hey…don’t knock it until you’ve tried it! I was introduced to this by friends that I traveled to India with 20 years ago and I’ve never given it up. I’m also a person who easily tires of food. Eat the same thing 2 days in a row and it’s time for a change. That being said, I’ve been hooked on dill pickle seasoning on my popcorn for a few years now. Every rule has it's exception.
6. It bugs me when the TV station number is showing in the corner of the screen. Totally distracts me! It took me ages to get used to the little icons many of the stations now use. Friends like to turn the numbers on just to bug me…you know who you are! :o) Another thing, at church when the light goes on to let a parent know they're needed in the nursery, I don't really relax until that number goes off. Hungry babies will just never do!
Well, I think I’ve managed to fit in far more than 6 odd things about me. (I'm sure you're not surprised and could add many other oddities you know about me!) Are we still friends now that you know some of my deep dark secrets?
I know I’m not alone in this. Share a comment with a weird fact about yourself!