Wednesday, April 05, 2006

So Very Thankful....

...to be Canadian. I know we pay high taxes (currently 15%) but I believe this money is well spent.

I've been reminded of this today as 2 different people have asked about the maternity leave that I will be eligible for. I will have 35 weeks (roughly 8.5 months) off with Hannah before I have to go back to work. As I understand it the first 4 months is topped up almost to my normal salary and the remainder is at about 66%.

As a single Mom, work will not be an option to me as will be the case with many online friends who are also adopting as single Moms. I'm very thankful for the gift of time I will be given with my precious baby girl and don't ever want to take that for granted.

4 comments:

  1. so do you think I can become Canadian??? Seriously, that is WONDERFUL!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had that awful white stuff here too! Luckily it melted but not before I had to pull the brush out! 22degrees on Friday and today...pulling out the old winter coat! Drat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are blessed to have long time off with our babies. It is never long enough though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy moly - 35 weeks?!!!!! Wow, Canadians sure know how to give a high-five to motherhood. That is awesome! Is it too late for Rod and I to apply for Canadian citizenship? ;-)

    And I'm sorry, but was 15% a typo? Because that's so low that we would die of joy if that's all the IRS charged us.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...