Monday, April 25, 2011

Doing the Dishes or Taking a Sink Bath?

Hannah is at an age when she’s all about helping Mommy and truly, I love it!  She really can be helpful even when it takes a little longer to get things done.

One of the chores she likes to help with is the dishes.  Sometimes I pull up the learning tower and let her go at it and other times she dives right in when I’m in the midst of washing.  She throws her entire body into the process as you can see and normally ends up soaking wet!  As long as we have time to either change her or let her enjoy some diaper time until it’s pj time it’s all good.  Occasionally I have to discourage her as I don’t have time to change her after her play and let me tell you, she’s not impressed with Mommy when that’s the answer she gets.

Here are a few pics taken over the past couple of weeks.  On both of these occasions it was an impromptu decision to help Mommy, thus her choice to climb on the couch to reach the sink.  I think it’s adorable how she’s made a little seat for herself there.DSC_7603

DSC_7606

DSC_7604

DSC_7699

Someday I’ll be longing for her to help so, when things take longer than normal right now I remind myself that she’s doing her very best to help and try as often as I can to accept that help. 

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely! Let her help now, or she'll never volunteer later.

    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good helping Hannah. I am with Ruby in not thinking she will volunteer later to do them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh... she looks so grown up! My, I miss a few weeks checking your blog, and she grows up before my eyes!

    Alyzabeth's Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the same little helper. He LOVES bubbles in the sink. I like it because it keeps him busy for those times when I have to chop or other things where I don't want him too close. They are so doggone fast ~ it makes me nervous.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...