Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Updating our 'Carmody Calendar'

Saturday night Rebecca was excited to update our 'Carmody Calender.' My friend Karen and her family created a countdown calendar when they were waiting for their daughter/sister. I've borrowed the concept and now Rebecca helps me put stickers on all the dates that receive referrals each month. Saturday she was able to cross November 15 - 22, 2005 off our calendar.

After doing this she counted the number of days left and told me that there are 121 more days to get their babies until we meet Hannah. So cute she is, and smart too!

12 comments:

  1. That is such a cool idea. Plus, it's need that you have Rebecca helping you out with it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see more stickers on that Carmody Calendar. It's neat to see that Rebecca gets it - not always an easy concept.

    k

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the cutest idea! It makes such a great way to get a visual of the progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I see Rebecca so excitedly crossing off LIDs, it makes me wonder...
    How many of our nieces, nephews, sons and daughters will choose to adopt later on in life as a result of seeing the process first hand. You are creating such a positive experience for Rebecca!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so cool! My friend Laurie does this with jars filled with beautiful colored stones. Each month, she takes out the amount of referral days and puts them in the empty (or now filling) jar, so she can visually watch the days decrease in her wait. Pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Kris...I love that idea! I might copy this one and set the jars up on my desk at work. Anything to watch the time goes by and I love visuals!

    Now you've got me thinking and planning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it. Your Rebecca sounds just like my Erin :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhh, the calendar. The papaya bailed on ours a while ago and then exclaimed yesterday "What?!! Four days til China?!!"

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just LOVE this idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope the 121 LID days pass quickly!!

    Rebecca needs her cousin to come home!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea - I think I will try this with our 4 year-old now that we are inching closer to travel...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...