Friday, August 24, 2007

Celebrating 17 Month LIDiversary...Martha Stewart Style *Updated*

Wahoo!! Another month closer to Hannah!

My post is a day late but with all the busyness of yesterday I didn't have time to prepare the LID celebration flowers until this morning so they spent the night in a cup of water. Earlier in the month I saw something similar to this on Martha Stewart and since it looked so bright and happy I knew that it was what I wanted to do to celebrate my 17 month LIDiversary! I'm no Martha Stewart but it was fun trying.

Last night as I was driving to the aiport I called my mom to chat. My first comment to her was, 'I almost feel sorry for those who do not have the opportunity to adopt or, for those who do, but not take time to find others who are on the same wonderful journey.' I am blessed over and over...and over again by the many friends God has introduced into my life through my adoption journey and this blog!

As well as the friends that I've had for years, I now have a whole new world of wonderful friends! We email one another, chat, read one another's blogs and take interest in one another's lives and sometimes, even get to meet in person! Too cool! Through the good, the bad and 'The Wait' we're there for one another.

Yesterday was a great day and not all that far from my 'new normal'. The morning started with emails from friends and catching up on some blog reading. Work, break with Norma, supper with Sharon (both amazing friends I've had for years and years!) and then after buying the flowers it was home for a quick moment before heading to the airport. At the airport Dolores and I caught up on the latest in one anothers lives and then celebrated Ran's arrival with Tracey and Mike! Home again just before midnight. The fun did not end there. In the mail was an AMAZING gift (will post later) and my message light was flashing on the phone. It was late so I didn't call back but emailed instead. 12:15am and the phone rings. Lisa S of Georgia was awake too so she called and we chatted for more than half an hour! It was great talking to you Lisa! I was still pumped from the fun of the evening and the phone call so went in to check emails. How neat is it to open an email that says 'I was just doing the dishes and thought about our upcoming visit and got butterfiles of excitement!' Right back at ya Tawni!! Can't wait to see you and the rest of the gals next month!! (Only 28 more sleeps! :o)

Not every day is this busy or filled with so much interaction with friends, but always there is some and for that, and for YOU I am very, very thankful! I am thankful for each person God has brought into my life through this wonderful adoption journey! You are appreciated. You are loved and you have each changed my life. I am blessed because of you and very, very thankful for each of you!

So today I celebrate my 17month LIDiversary, amongst family and friends!

*Update - Instructions*
The arrangement was super easy! I bought the jar at the dollar store. (Martha's was more rectangle with the open side being the long side but I couldn't find one of those.) After that I cut up 1 pink grapefruit, 1 lemon, 1 orange and 1 lime into slices. Popped them into the vase with water and then added the gerber daisies. So pretty and really quite simple. Took only about 10 mins to put together start to finish. Have fun! This is such a pretty, happy look and would make a beautiful centrepiece.

29 comments:

  1. I love the way you're lovin' life, girl! You're infectious (in a very good way ;0)

    Thanks for the email shout out and congrats on your 17 behind you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, i loved this post..I agree. I hope everone knows someone who is on this journey..Its awesome

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrat, I too love this post. You've captured in words what my heart has been feeling too. I hope I can meet you soon at a mommy dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on making it 17 months! not an easy thing to do. But you are right, friends new & old make the world of difference in this process. Also, I find it great that you were able to welcome home another family at the airport. Too fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on 17 months Martha!

    You're so right about the great friends in the adoption community. It's amazing isn't it?

    k

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy 17 month LIDiversary!

    You're so right about the connections we've made along the journey to our children. I never thought that waiting this long would end up being a 'good' thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy 17th!! You're getting closer...
    Cari

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy LIDversary! The flower arrangement is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy 17th, sweetie! I completely agree. These people are da bomb!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's amazing how small the world has become since starting this process, I know exactly how you feel. Happy 17!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ditto to that my friend.

    Happy 17 months!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ditto to all the other comments and happy 17th!

    ReplyDelete
  13. To my wonderful friend and a gal whose spirit and zest for life is inspiring, Happy 17 Month LID-iversary!

    You must tell how you did that arrangement!

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the post and your postive attitude! Here is to 17 months :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on #17!

    Meeting new friends is one of the best parts of this journey.

    I, too, love your attitude and outlook on life. It's too easy to get in a depressed state with everything that's going on with the adoption and just in the world in general. Reading your blog always gets me in a better mood. Keep it up!

    (I also would love to know how you did that arrangement. It's really cool!)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the note on my blog. I like the name Hannah. I knew a Hannah, and she was a wonderful little girl with a lot of spunk!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love what you did with the flowers. I have said it before, but I also love your attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on being 17 months closer!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy 17th LID-iversary!

    You are right, how wonderful it is to make new friends through this journey!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy 17 months! I can remember when you were just at 10 or so! You've got such a great spirit about it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your flowers are beautiful and CONGRATULATIONS on passing 17 months!!! Our day is coming soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy 17 months less to wait :) Thank's for the blogger help offer! I may just take you up on it :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy LIDaversary, my bloggy pal! I miss you boatloads and I am BLESSED to call you friend!!! I couldn't have put it any better than you did here - isn't it amazing the connections you make???

    HUGS - and what a BEAUTIFUL flower arrangement! You totally deserve the beautiful things in life!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy 17th - we're right there with you - oh, and send Martha by our place - it could sure use it.

    ReplyDelete
  25. You certainly are blessed with many wonderful friends...I'm sure they have made the wait much more bearable. Congrats on 17 months!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Happy 17 to you sweet Catherine. I am grateful for you.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Happy 17th LID! FUN times in a few more sleeps!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Catherine! Happy 17 months down - a few days late!

    BTW - the little chair is from Babies R Us!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...