Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Thanking God for the Safety of a Friend

You may have heard about the terrible bridge collapse in Minneapolis earlier tonight. When I heard about it I immediately thought about my dear friend Julie. Even though I was guessing she was ok I just wanted to know for sure so emailed her when I got home.

She emailed back to say she was fine but that had it been just one hour later she and a friend may have been on that bridge as that was normally the route they would take when Julie was taking Sandy home. Wow! Protected by the hand of God. They did pass near the site on a parallel bridge about an hour after the collapse and say that the damage is quite devastating.

There is concern that some people in Julie and Sandy's office may have been on the bridge when it collapsed. They still don't know. What we do know is that many families lives were forever changed earlier tonight.

Praying for all those who have lost loved ones, who are injured, caring for the injured and working at the scene. Please pray. Thanking God for the safety He provided to Julie and Sandy.

14 comments:

  1. I was just reading about this on CNN. Happy to hear that Julie is safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was amazed at the damage they showed on the news. So devistating. Thank goodness your friends are safe but I had a few tears for those who lost their loved ones...

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG ~ I just read about that this morning. So glad that your friend is safe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I did hear about that. Absolutely shocking. Will be praying for the families effected. When I heard it on the radio, they still didn't know the casualties etc. Praying that they are very few.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unbelievable - glad your friend Julie is ok.

    k

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is so devastating. The loss is unreal. SO glad that Julie is okay.

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow....I hadn't heard, how sad. We are watching CNN now and it is such a tragedy. I am glad that Julie is safe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so scary. I'm glad Julie is safe. Nothing is scarier than thinking something has happened to a loved one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How sad to hear about that...first I have. I'm glad to know that Julie is safe and so sorry for the losses of others.

    This does not help my phobia of those things...not one bit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. She was the first one I thought of as well. I was so glad to hear they were okay. My thoughts and prayers go out to all that have been touched by this terrible accident.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Catherine,
    Just saw the cut-off: another week, whoo-hoo:(. Praying for you and all the waiting mommies tonight!
    Cherylyn

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad that your friends are safe. My SIL and her husband live about 10 minutes from the bridge (they're fine too). It's just so devastating.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...