Wednesday, May 09, 2007

China Travel Group Dinner #2

Last Saturday night our travel group got together for their 2nd dinner. With travel still being only a dim light at the end of a very long tunnel, we're using these opportunities to get to know one another better. It's amazing how people that you've met only a couple of times can become such a wonderful part of your life. We're sharing something AMAZING together. In the matter of mere minutes each of our families will change...forever. Some will move from a family of 2 to a family of 3. Others from a family of 3 to a family of 4. And in the case of myself and one other gal we'll move from a life of 1 to 2....two new families will be born!!! Wow!...just WOW!!!

This dinner was a special one too as our group was able to meet the beautiful Miss Madison! Ming and Lorraine are part of our group and were expedited. They traveled to China last month and when Miss Madison was placed in their arms then changed from a family of 2 into a family of 3! Isn't she just the cutest?!! She entertained all as we gazed and oooed and ahhhhed over her all evening.

She also had 2 little playmates who were happy to spend time with this adorable little one. Kayla was practicing her big sister skills by entertaining and playing with Madison. Adam also spent time talking to, smiling at and loving the newest member of our travel group. Kayla and Adam, I know you're going to be a great big sister and big brother when your little sisters join each of your families!

I'm so happy that Ming and Lorraine still want to be part of our group because in our eyes they always will be. We peppered them with questions all night about their recent travel experience to China and they were a wealth of knowledge! We're even trying to talk them into coming back with us next year when our group travels to meet our children! Ming is an amazing photographer and it would be so neat if he could take pics on 'Gotcha Day' but he's thinking he might like to sit back with popcorn and pop and watch the show happen! :o) He says it happens so quickly that he'd love to be there as an observer. I think that's great...but you know I'll be sneaking that popcorn out of his hand and replacing it with a camera. :o) Sure hope it works out for you to join us Ming, Lorraine and Madison! Our travel group would be together on this all important day...just as it should be!

Congratulations Ming and Lorraine! Madison is absolutely adorable and you are truly blessed!

For the rest of us...it will happen. Not sure when but when it does, whoeee will we be ready! So very happy to be sharing this journey with all of you!

18 comments:

  1. Good stuff! Sounds like a super evening.

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cuties!!

    Love getting together with people in the same boat!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is adoreable.

    Lucky you we haven't met our travel mates yet, I have tried a couple but so far no luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks and sounds like fun - those are some mighty cute kids.

    k

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice travel group you must have...and Madison is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so neat! I wish I could meet my travel mates!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woman, I just love how you get around! Those kiddos are adorable.

    Hey, I'm hoping you'll be 'getting around' to seeing me on some southern travel soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How great that you have had a couple of meetings with your travel group.

    We have tried with ours and it is just Dolores and I that have been in contact.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it is wonderful that you all can get together like this.
    The girls are just adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OK - way cute pics of those cuties!!! Those get-together's are so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We've had 2 batch dinners, and have another planned for July! I these evenings are really good, hopefully, when we're in China, we'll all feel good enough friends, to be honest with each other, if we're not coping so well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another fun time for you....yay!!!! I have no idea who my travel mates will be...so our first meeting will most likley be in China!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Catherine, it is AMAZING how close you will become with your travel group. We got together frequently and still do now since coming home. We are all very blessed to have the support and friendship of one another.

    Deb

    See ya Saturday :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like alot of fun! You are so fortunate to have travel mates that you will be able to stay in touch with as your girls grow. I was the only one in my travel group...I would have so liked to have had that support and ongoing friendship for my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  15. ADORABLE kids!! I love these kinds of get togethers, because everybodys like a big happy family who are/ have been through the same thing you are going through. Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  16. We're in the same boat as Kim... we have no idea who our travel mates will be. How great that you can all get together and build your friendships now. You will have such an amazing time together in China (and after!)

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is so cool Catherine. I am still extremely close to my original group (long story, but my ex and I had to cancel the adoption 2m shy of referral) and the moderator asked me to stay on with them "in case I ever decided to do this on my own" (they were my biggest cheerleaders) and for the FIRST time I'm finally meeting her this weekend! I am so psyched. I just can't believe the bonds I have with this group who I've yet to meet, you know? And those I've met from "blogland" have been amazing as well. Glad you have this close knit group!

    Oh, and I'll add you to my faves today!

    ReplyDelete
  18. sounds like a fun evening -and cutie-pie kids! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...