Sunday, August 13, 2006

A Blanket for Hannah!

I've heard that babies often like textures. With that in mind I decided to make a blanket for Hannah. It was fun going to Wal-Mart and buying all kinds of ribbons. Wide ribbons. Narrow ribbons. Shiny, smooth ribbons and ribbons with more texture. With the wide assortment of colours included in the ribbon I figured the best choice for fabric would be soft, white flannel. Ok...it may coordinate with the ribbon colours but really how practical it is is still to be determined! (Hmmm....better stock up on 'Amaze' before travelling to China!)
I'm hoping that someday this blanket will be a comfort item to Hannah and plan on taking it with me to China. That's my plan but from what I hear her comfort item might end up being a plastic cup, a small stuffed animal or something I can't even imagine! Whatever she chooses won't be important. It was fun making this while praying for and dreaming of my baby girl.

Dear Lord,
Until it is Your perfect time to place Hannah in my arms, I pray that you will comfort her and also provide her with someone extra special in her life that she will bond to and will know loves her. Thank you Lord. Amen

11 comments:

  1. oooo we bought Chloe a pink one with her name on it last yr..love em

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an awesome idea! Love it :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love this idea. The blanket turned it so cute! I wish I had thought about doing this for my girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! Any helpful hints on how to make it? I am collecting ribbon bits to make one soon!

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenna has so many wonderful stuffed animails and babies that I would love for her to love but all she's interested in are those darn tags!!!! What a wonderful idea!! I too will also have to beg my mom to make me something like that. Thanks for sharing!!

    Gigi & Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW....your so creative!! That is a great idea!!! Have you thought of making & selling them? If sooo, I would be your first customer!!! Let me know....hehe!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I'll try it too! Looks like fun!

    Janet T.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's so special, just like the one you so kindly made for Tess! ; ) You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  9. my mom made my son a taggie blanket, it was smaller than yours and fit really well into the diaper bag and he played and played with it. It was white in the centre too and nothing like a little colour-safe bleach to keep it looking fabulous. It is now my second son's favorite thing to hold. Hannah will love hers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, you are talented! I've seen those tagging blankets being sold for pretty pennies. I like the way you shopped and made your own special one for Hannah. Hope you don't mind if I might add this idea to my project list.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been wanting to make one of these tag blankets too. I can't believe you got all those pretty ribbons in Walmart...guess I'd better go check it out. I'm a Target gal and NEVER stray into Walmart even though I have one about a mile away.

    Guess I'd better make an exception and go look for ribbon.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...