Saturday, November 14, 2009

*sniff!* Leaving China.....

And we're off....

Where has the time gone? 17 days have passed and it's time to say good-bye to China.....for now. As I was madly packing I was ok but now as I sit here with suitcases gone and final packing of the carry ons before me I'm in tears. It has been amazing, wonderful, a gift from God in every sense and SO much more. Words fail me and you know that doesn't happen often...or ever!

My baby is dressed in a diaper, happily playing behind me as I prepare to give her one last bath before we leave for the airport in an hour. She is more than I could ever have hoped or imagined and a gift from God unlike any other. I arrived in China as a single gal with a dream in her heart and I leave as a MOM!!!!!!!!!! A mom to the most amazing baby girl in the entire world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One who is perfect for me in every sense! We are already a team and work together as one. This morning as she needed extra snuggle time I just strapped her to me in the sunggly and together we packed. She was laughing and giggling at me as I ran around the room like a mad woman and I'd glance down and receive the biggest smile ever and a little mouth opened in sweet wonder, fully accepting of the little kisses I placed upon it. Oh how in love I am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot begin to express my thanks and appreciation to all who have helped this dream to come true!!

To China for blessing me with one of their very precious children. I am humbled and honoured that you would entrust her to me. I will love her forever and promise to share with her the beautiful country she comes from that is made up of even more beautiful people!!

To Deborah at Open Arms who met me, accepted me onto the singles waiting list and at the perfect time said it was time to start.

I cannot begin to thank people individually as my heart is too overwhelmed to name all of you in person right now. The tears are flowing and as I hear my sweetness sit behind me happily blowing raspberries (her new trick since last night) I am too distracted by love to name people. I am SO THANKFUL to all of you who have loved me, encouraged me, counselled me, prayed for me and so much more. It is your love and more so prayers for Hannah and I that have brought us to where we are today. A family....blessed and brought together by God.

To my loving parents who from that very first phone call on January 11, 2005 when I called from Vancouver and said, 'Guess what? I'm going to adopt a baby girl from China!!' were 100% in support of me and prayed daily for both Hannah and I. It has been an amazing trip Mom and Dad and I cannot express to you how thankful I am that you have been here!!!

And finally, more than anyone I want to thank God who planned this time long ago. He has brought Hannah and I together and I will be forever grateful to Him for this daughter that He has brought to me. I will teach her of You at a very young age and together we will serve You as a family, fully devoted to you!

Love to each of you, Catherine xoxo






30 comments:

  1. Well, Cath, as I look at the time, you should be almost arriving in Toronto. My heart is there with you. Longing to be there. Aching sitting here, knowing I'm missing welcoming you home, but I'll see you soon. Wishing I could be two places at the same time.

    Hugs to you and Hannah. Can't wait to see you.
    Love ya,
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I've been reading your blog since you got to meet Hannah in person and I love it! Such a great story. She's a beautiful baby and blessed to have a mom who loves her so much. Have a safe trip and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cathy...Toronto Airport Report...your flight just landed. Welcome home...and welcome to Canada precious little Hannah.

    Love ya both.
    Joy xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to your forever Home, Hannah!

    Congratulations Catherine!! I hope everything went smoothly on your trip home!

    Im sure you have the biggest welcoming party EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just heard moments ago that you have "touched down" on Canadian soil - I'm sure, after reading your last note, with compounded emotions! WELCOME HOME!!! Imagine ... your first night in YOUR HOME!!! Hannah's little crib - It's REAL Cath!! Your dream!!! GOD GAVE YOU YOUR DREAM!!! He's still doing miracles!! Though my heart aches to be with you .... I know my longing will become a reality soon! Just to see you together with your daughter!!! HUGS all around!!!! WELCOME HOME!!! Love, Japh

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay reading the comments I see that you guys are home, and just realized your baby girl is HOME! And well, the tears are flowing! I can't believe even though I don't "know" you, I've been reading your blog for years so I feel like I do, but I can't believe this moment is finally here where your Hannah is HOME! Thank you, for allowing us to be apart of your journey!
    Welcome home, Catherine and Hannah, welcome home!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have been on my mind all day. I kept telling everyone that my great friend was coming home with her daughter today. Can not wait to meet Hannah!

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Catherine,

    It sounds like the most amazing trip! I finally had a chance to catch up on your blogs, since I haven't had much time since we began traveling on Wednesday. As you finish the first leg of your journey as a Mommy, we are just beginning. We are off to the orphanage at 1:30 today to visit our angel!

    I am so glad your experience in China has been so wonderful. I can not wait for a playdate once we're home with Molly.
    J

    ReplyDelete
  9. Safe and speedy travels home, sweet C & H

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so happy for you. You have been so blessed.... Congratulations to you. Enjoy your time at home as a family now...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome home Cathrine and Hannah!

    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thinking of you on your journey home...congratulations, again - and welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That seemed so fast, can two weeks have already gone by?

    I hope your trip is good and safe and that your arrival home is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Have a safe and easy trip home. Thanks for sharing so much of your time in China with all of us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Prayers going out for safe travels. Congrats yet again on becoming a family of two - we've loved following along on your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Safe trip home!!! LOVE the rasberries!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Welcome home Catherine and Hannah!
    I would have loved to see you step on Canadian soil tonight! Just can't wait to meet "dimples" (we just love hers)! We'll keep praying... here comes the jet lag!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cathy, she's even more darling in person!!!!! What a special visit tonight. Love ya tons and can't wait to spend more time with you.

    My prayers continue to surround you.

    Hugs,
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have been reading your blog for a little while now, following your journey from referal until now. I have loved reading every update from you, especially these ones from China and seeing pictures of your beautiful daughter. I hope you have a safe trip home.

    ReplyDelete
  20. One day you will take her back to see her land of birth. But until then, you have a whole lifetime ahead of you together. Thank you for sharing your amazing journey with us and

    Welcome Home!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Welcome home mom and Hannah,

    I as write these words, you are having your first morning in your home with your adorable baby girl. I am so happy for you, take in this happiness, go with the flow because coming home also means adjusting to jet lag, keep up what you have been doing in China, you are a natural mother.

    Love,
    Marie-Claude

    ReplyDelete
  22. hope you are almost home by now, can't wait to see pics from this side of the pond...

    still just in awe of what an amazing experience this was for you- could not be happier for you both!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations Catherine,
    I've been following your wait and was so thrilled to see you finally met your beautiful Hannah. I look forward to reading of her progress.

    Sue, Aunt of a Yang Jiang girl

    ReplyDelete
  24. THANK YOU for allowing us to follow along and share this beautiful journey along with you!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the pics with the flags. It's great to see the Canadian flag.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...