Monday, November 23, 2009

Rollin' Rollin' Rollin! My Baby is Rolling!!

As we visited with Chick and Pea on Friday and played with their cool toys, I was reminded of a playmat that I'd been given for Hannah by a great friend a couple of years ago. At the time I wasn't sure if she might be too old for it when I brought her home but at 8 1/2 mos. she loves it!

As soon as we got home we headed to the basement and immediately found the mat and mommy put it up. I placed Hannah under it and she loved it! Kicking her feet, grabbing things with her hands and oh my.......rolling over!! Life as I know it has just changed!!

Around the house I build what we affectionately call 'Fort XiaoFen'. I take 3 pillows and put them together in a triangle, add toys and Hannah and she has a place to play for a few moments while mommy tries to get a few things done. I'm never far away as she still tumbles over and is unable to get up on her own but it does give her some freedom to play and me a moment to do dishes, make bottles or get dressed.




I was recording her fun on the play mat Friday and caught her learning how to roll over! So fun!!! It's now 3 days later and she still rolls over when playing on her mat but has yet to really try it elsewhere on her own. I'm sure it's only a matter of days though! So much for Fort XiaoFen that we currently build on my bed. That one may need to move to the floor soon!

20 comments:

  1. How exciting that you caught that on video! Go baby, go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Hannah! And yes Momma it is time to move the fort to the floor. i'm sure crawling isn't too far off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How amazing that you caught her first roll over on film!!!

    I love seeing her little spin ball in so many pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the fort and from her smile, so does she. I'm actually smiling as I type this. Her smiles are contageous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just great! What a happy, happy baby! All these milestones one right after the other like a set of tumbling dominoes--one milestone becomes another more sophisticated and complex milestone.

    I agree, Hannah's smiles are contagious. you just want to be there applauding her every move.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the goofy, sweet grin!

    Roll on Miss H!

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Catherine, I've been following your blog since before you got Hannah's referral. I have to tell you that your baby girl is the absolute cutest, most adorable baby I have ever seen in my life! She has such a little spark in her eye.....you must love her so much! Congratulations on your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. She's lovely (oh yes and clever!).....and she's thriving!! :D

    It's so great to see Hannah home.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not sure if I'm the only one having an issue with this, but I figured I'd mention it in case I'm not. Whenever I visit your blog it takes forever to load and then has scrolling issues when it is loaded. This started happening soon after Hannah Day, which has me maybe thinking its related to the number of videos being uploaded. Would it be possible to put a link in the blog post rather than the actual video itself?

    Just a thought. I've been following your story for a while now and LOVE seeing the photos and videos...but the loading issues have me to the point of giving up visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay Hannah! I was watching the video, going C'mon! C'mon, moving my shoulders, you can do it!! How exciting!!
    Laurie Nesbitt

    ReplyDelete
  11. You might find this toy helpful - I love mine!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oops - it would help if I left the link - sorry!
    http://www.galtbaby.com/galt-playnest-farm-and-gym.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. how exciting that you get to see all these firsts....goosebumps!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on your beautiful baby girl! I just found your blog and reading your story has lifted my heart. :) My family and I are just starting our adoption journey. I love thinking about the day when our baby girl will join us! God's blessings on your Thanksgiving, Sarah :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Whoohoooo Hannah!!! Oh man, that is very cool. And so great that you got it on video. Ro and Ree loved seeing it and have watched it twice already (I'm guessing we'll be seeing it 3 or 4 more times today, heh heh).

    Much love,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  16. Get an exersaucer----it is the only way I got a shower after g and n passed the 6 month mark.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness! She's simply adorable!!! =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...