Saturday, May 07, 2011

Hanging Out at Maple Fest with Grandma and Grandpa!

After gymnastics this morning Hannah and I went to Grandma and Grandpa’s house ready for a day full of fun!  The weather was warm and sunny which is a huge treat after a cool, rainy April.

The first thing we did was a big step (at least for Mommy.) Today I turned Hannah’s car seats around in my car and my parent’s van so that she’s forward facing.  I kept her rear facing for much longer than I had to as it’s much safer in the case of an accident but my tall little girl has some long legs and she needed the room so around she went.  She was happy with the new look on life.  The only thing I need to do is figure out where/how to install her DVD player which we use on a regular basis.  Thanks for all your help with the seats dad and mom, thanks for being on the Hannah chase!IMG_0229

After the seats were moved we hopped in the car and headed to the downtown area of Mom and Dad’s town and went to Maple Fest. IMG_0206 I love small town festivals!  Wandering up and down the main street meeting friends old and new, looking at booths featuring handicrafts and of course, the food!  I was surprised when Hannah ate an entire hot dog and most of the bun.  She’s a great eater but I’ve never given her a bun with her hot dog but that all changed today.  IMG_0210

Guess what Auntie K – they even had maple taffy made by pouring the syrup over crushed ice.  Yum!  We wish you could have been with us!   IMG_0221

Grandma treated Hannah and I to a ride on the Ferris Wheel and we had such fun together!  IMG_0219

My little girl likes to go around with her arms in the air!

She also met a couple of fun characters and went right up to them.  (Chewing her fingers is a new thing over the past couple of days so I’m wondering if her 2yo molars are starting to come in.  No sign of them yet but I think they might be on their way.  Time to stock up on Tylenol and Advil!  Praying we can avoid an ear infection this time)

IMG_0224

IMG_0226

And finally, getting her groove on dancing to a live jazz band.

Mom and Dad’s town has a few of these festivals throughout the year.  We’ll be going to more for sure!  Thanks for a great day Grandma and Grandpa!

8 comments:

  1. Very fun and Hannah is getting big, she's growing up on you Mama. Wishing you a wonderful Mother's Day tomorrow (Is it tomorrow in CAN?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisa! Yes, tomorrow is Mother's Day here in Canada too. Happy Mother's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hannah is lucky to have found a loving mother as you . She is growing up fast , I have the feeling she looks different every two months . Some of the videos are cute.
    A reader from France .

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun day!! Looks like everyone had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great day! It looks like Hannah is pushing her fingers in the back of her mouth and chewing. I would guess that you are right, her molars are probably about to come in. Stock up on some popsicles too!

    Stace

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like an awesome time from start to finish.

    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  7. Before I even read what you wrote, I was thinking "Someone's getting their 2 yo molars."
    I bet you are so right and they will be popping out soon!

    Kim O

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...