Monday, November 27, 2006

Mmmm...Christmas Baking!

Tonight my friend Joy-Lynn is hosting a Christmas cookie exchange so part of yesterday was spent preparing these yummy little treats. They're not officially 'cookies' but am sure they'll pass the test!

Friday I was trying to figure out what kind of cookies to bake. Scanning the web, analyzing how much time I'd have over the weekend to bake, etc. What a wonderful surprise it was to arrive home and find out that there was a package waiting for me at the post office. I hopped back into my car, looking forward to finding what little treat awaited Miss Hannah. What a fun surprise when the package was for me from my cousin Julie in Michigan! What a sweetie you are! Julie has made these tasty morsels the past couple of times we've gotten together at my aunt's place on Boxing Day (December 26th - A holiday in Canada except the stores are open and big sales! Kinda our version of Black Friday.) In the box was all the fixings I'd need to make these tasty treats! Round pretzels are impossible to find in Ontario. If anyone sees them, please let me know as these are a real crowd pleaser and very easy to make.

Anyway, as the weekend progressed I thought what fun it would be to take these little treats to the exchange so bright and early yesterday morning I was up making 16 dozen treats.

In the meantime I'd also emailed my friend Norma on Friday asking for her recipe for coconut tarts. She sent it so figured I couldn't let all her hard work go to waste so I made these too. Yummm! Note to self: Next year don't put tarts in oven and then climb up on the roof to hang Christmas wreaths. :o) Oh well, they're delicious all the same even if their tops are a little crusty!

Thanks again Julie for the wonderful gift! I'm looking forward to seeing you on boxing day!! Love ya!

22 comments:

  1. Ok...I sooo want the recipe for those red and green things.....please post it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will for sure! It's so easy! I just need to double check the temp. and time at home as it's curcial!

    Finding the round pretzels...now that's the challenge! Honestly, I've looked in 20+ stores and not fround them. Next time I do, I'll stock up a little. Hmmm...wonder if you can freeze pretzels. Anyone know?

    I just need to

    ReplyDelete
  3. Num num! Looks really delish!

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Round pretzels??? (At first I thought they were pretzels but then noticed they were round and thought they couldnt' be)

    ARe we out one more cool thing that the Americans have???!!!

    I've never seen round ones eaither...but those look sooooo yummy and EASY!! (looks like something kids would love!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Dawn on that one - those pretzel things look amazing and if they're easy . . . all the better. I'm not very good at baking so it may be something I could handle. And they look festive too! Please post the recipe - thanks. :)

    k

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too thought they looked like pretzels but couldn't be as they were round.

    You have certainly been busy and it all looks MOST yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey... it's not even December yet, my friend! Way too soon for Christmas baking. How can the holidays be here already? It feels like it was just summer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. mmmmm I would love the recipe too, they look super yumy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow they look great. They also don't look like they'd be too hard to make. I love easy. I'll keep an eye out for round pretzels. My husband works for Frito-Lay. I'll have to get him to suggest round ones.

    Looking forward to seeing the recipe post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yummy...

    I also host a Cookie Exchange every year. Mine won't be until Dec 14th though. Last year, we donated a dozen cookies each to our church's shelter. We sent 48 dozen cookies and not one of them was a repeat. Hope you had a great time exchanging.

    ReplyDelete
  11. 16 Dozen?!!! Holy Cow, that's alotta treats!!!

    Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those all look so good!

    I make the same sort of pretzel treat, but the recipe I use calls for white chocolate. I will send a pictures when I do them.

    I'll look for round pretzels. I know we used to get them in Chicago all of the time. I don't know if we have them here in Kentucky.

    Happy Baking!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The pretzle goodies are my fav.....mmmmm....now I may have to bake some one of these days!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Okay seriously, this is making me hungry! I guess that means its time to make dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I am so jealous! I can't bake worth anything! (see last year's Cookie Exchange Disaster .... You are good!!!

    Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Okay that link didn't work.. lol... but if you check my Dec '05 archive you will see what I'm talking about!

    Lisa : )

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'd love to have the coconut tart recipe, too, if you wouldn't mind posting it - looks delicious - not that I'll get any Christmas baking done! :) Another simple suggestion - buy Ritz minis sandwiched with peanut butter and dip in chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yummy! ARe those the pretzel/rollo things? I think I need to go make some!!!!


    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...