Saturday, February 09, 2008

Salsa Fun....Sadly It Was Time to Go Home :o(

How did the week pass so quickly?? I'm surprised too Rose and more than a little sady to say good-bye to all of you. All too soon it was time for me to say good-bye to these sweet little faces and make my way back home. (You may also notice that this day the girls were sure that they wanted to switch dresses so Marie is in the pink and Rosie is in the yellow! Guess it means I'll have to work harder on keeping them seperate, apart from their clothing hints. It was easier to tell them apart as the week went on and in person but pictures can still be tough at times.)

I was strong saying good-bye to the girls but did have few tears in the hallway hugging Wela and then in the van with Mommy. Good-byes are hard but they're worth it because it means we've had such a great time together! I love all of you and can't wait until we're all together again!! Until next time it's adorable videos like the one on Mary-Mia's blog and this one that will remind me of all the happy, happy times we shared together. Here the girls are doing what each of them does when they're super happy: Marie is hopping happy and Rosie is doing the happy hands.


The flights home were great and upon seeing Buffalo from above I was very glad to have extended my trip by the day. Unfortunately Buffalo had got more freezing rain than snow so getting my car in driveable shape took a bit of time. Glad I'd worked up the arm muscles carrying the girls as it took a 1/2 hour to scrape the ice off the windows of the car! Here's what the windshield looked like. That's about 1cm of ice on it! It's been many years (if ever) since I've seen ice this thick on my little car. I arrived home around 2am and was met with this beautiful, clear driveway. Thank you Carol, David and Jacob!!! Carol says she has pics of David shovelling the snow...and then drinking a coke he found in my garage. :o) Thank you so much friends! The day I left we had no snow at all left and this is what I came home to so you can see how much they did. Greatly appreciated!!

Snowbank across from my driveway....yikes! Anybody have a toboggan? It snowed more today, a really pretty fluffy snow and they're calling for another 10cm on Tuesday. What a beautiful, snowy winter!

Rose and Marie...here's a little video Ca-in made for you this afternoon in the snow. Miss you, Mommy, Daddy and Wela lots and lots! I love all of you! xoxoxoxo


For those of you who have been chatting with me since I got home you'll know that somehow I lost my keys the night I arrived home. In my sleepy stupor I put them somewhere and didn't know where...until just a few minutes ago! Mystery solved. When I put my suitcase in the front hall I put the keys on top of it. I guess when I layed it down to begin unpacking it the keys slid into the little compartment where the handle zips in. Tonight when I finished unpacking it and stood it up to put it away I spotted something shiny and voila...there they were! Yeah! I'd searched high and low and couldn't figure out where I'd put them. (PS - Notice not only 1 but 2 'Heavy' tags on my bag. Oops! I've told you I'm a master at overpacking! Figure I took twice as many clothes with me to Mary-Mia's as I wore. Gotta work on that!)


Also, here's the little dress and sweater that I found for Hannah. Ahhhhh...still makes me smile!
Spending time with Rose and Marie this week that Hannah will be worth every moment of the wait! God is in control and I'm continuing to trust Him! Also, thankful for the 8 day batch we just had! Wahoo...that's a nice improvement and for the very first time since my file went to China 22 months ago I didn't need to adjust my guesstimation by lengthening it. It didn't get shorter but, it didn't get further away either. Right now still anticipating a July 2009 referral with travel in September of 2009. That works!!

19 comments:

  1. Wow... it looks and sounds like a great time was had by all with! You poor ice scraping gal! I would have been tempted to scrap enough to see out of and let the heater do the rest! Glad the mystery of the missing keys were solved! Got to love a good find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're home safe and sound. Thanks for sharing all the Salsa fun with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing trip and time with one fab family!

    Glad you are home safe and sound (snowy though it is).

    Now you have a nice little dose of sweet girls to hold you for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're home safe and sound. Following your latest adventure was great. Those two girls are absolutely beautiful and so much fun. What a blessing to be able to spend some time with them eh?

    That's a beautiful dress you picked out for Hannah. Can't wait to see her in it. :)

    k

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a wonderful time, with a wonderful family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah that you found your keys! That dress is adorable. Good to see you settling in!

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy you arrived home safe. Also happy to see still another update on Rose & Marie. You have made so many friends on your journey and it is wonderful...Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was wonderful to see you albeit for a short time. Tess wants to know how we can order up a 7 day visit from C? ; )

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have no doubt that your time with the Salsa Team was well worth it, as will be your daughter!!! Its great to spend some time with some "real life miracles" to keep you encouraged!!!

    Glad you are home safe and sound, albiet - to all that snow!!! Carol & David are champions!!!

    Losing your keys is so frustrating, hey?!! Glad you found them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. so glad you are home safe and sound.

    It seems that you have some pretty awesome friends, Catherine.

    Lea

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome home! I bet you wish you'd stayed in California until the spring thaw considering what you were faced with. I'm glad you had a good time and arrived safely.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad you are home safe and sound. Yes, the snow here is ridiculous, but pretty from afar.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Ca-in,
    so glad you made it home. I was worried about all the snow. The mini snowmen are so cute. You are one special lady. What chocolate chips on the counter?

    wela

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awwww, the girls LOVE your snow video (we've watched it three times already and I'm guessing it'll be a few dozen more times today).

    What a wonderful visit we had. See you next month? Heehee.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I checked both of your blogs to see all the fun. Loved the twin updates. They look like so much fun! Sounds like you and M3 had the best time.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Catherine....what a wonderful time you had!!! I am jealous...I would love to meet those two sweet girls. I think I would like Mary Mia, too. When we went to Johnny's house, he spoke of how nice she was.

    I will say that there is one thing I am learning about you by watching you develop friendships all over our country and yours--you are one SUPER sweet, loving, thoughtful person. I think it would be difficult, if not impossible to NOT be your friend.:) Now, when are you coming to Texas.....hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great trip and I know you'll be out there again for a repeat visit. Man, all that snow!! I would find that difficult to return to too. Sorry we couldn't work out meeting in ATL, maybe on your next trip through or at the bloggy bash. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Glad you had such a great time :) Love the lttle dress too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those girls are too cute for words!

    Loved looking at your photos!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...