Thursday, February 14, 2008

Great New Family and Friends Seminar Upcoming in Toronto!!

This is one you might be interested in if you're in the Toronto area.

Early in 2006 I had the priviledge of attending Sofie Stergianis' International Adoption Seminar. I learned SO MUCH and wrote a couple of posts sharing some of what I had learned:

Adoption Seminar - Part I
Adoption Seminar - Part II

Last week I received an email from Sofie letting me know that she has created a wonderful new seminar intended for Family and Friends of those who are adopting! She had mentioned at ours that she might do this in the future and I'm so glad that she is!!

Some of the topics that will be covered are:
- Adjustments of internationally adopted children
- Growing up adopted - What the child understands
- How family and friends can be supportive
...and more.

My parents and I will be attending and I'm hoping a friend might be able to come along too. Sofie indicated that this seminar is helpful for those who are still in the adoption process and also for those who already have their children home.

The seminar is in Toronto on Saturday, March 1st from 1:30 - 4:00 and the cost is $40 per person. If you think that you might be interested in attending and would like a registration form, I'd be happy to email you one. Also, more details are available at http://www.adoptioneducation.ca/.

Hope to see some of my bloggy friends there. It will be great to meet your family and friends and introduce you to my parents too! (Who think they're 'celebrities' *wink* since they got recognized at a restaurant recently from this blog. Too funny!)

I'm excited that my parents will be able to learn some of what I am in preparation for Hannah's arrival.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Valentines Day Catherine.

    I also got this email and forgot about it. I will check it out.

    Lea

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Catherine. i tagged you. if you feel up to it, you can check out the details on my blog and play :)

    leslie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Catherine,
    I got the email as well. CB offers a similar workshop once a year called Grandparents and Special People's day that my parents and I went to in the fall of 2006 (so long ago). I think Danny and I will be attending this workshop. So we'll see you there!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...