Saturday, July 07, 2007

Waiting Mommies Dinner #5

Last night we had the fun of enjoying our 5th Waiting Mommies Dinner! The group continues to grow and it was wonderful to meet so many new people last night! Here's the gang from last night: (back row l to r) Tammy, Karen, Suzanne, Kelly, Chris, Andrea and Paula.
(middle row) Nicole, Cari, Tracey, Leslie, Karen, Dolores and Julia.
(front row) myself, Liz and Ava and Michelle.

There were many of our group who weren't able to make it to the dinner because it's summer and prime vacation time. Please know that you were missed! We also have 1 mom who is currently in China (meeting her daughter tomorrow!) and also Tracey, who was new this time is anticipating receiving her referral Monday!! Congratulations Tracey! We can't wait to celebrate with you!

As I sat and enjoyed the company of so many waiting moms I realized what a neat, assorted group we have become. We are made up of moms who are home with their babies, those who have their files overseas and are waiting for referrals and others who are currently working on their home study or waiting for ministry approval. The other thing that is so neat is that we're quickly bridging out of just a China moms group and now have moms who are waiting for their babies from Vietnam and Ethiopia too! It's an ever changing, ever growing group and inclusive of all moms in the area who are somewhere in the process on International Adoption. We are made up of ladies who have blogs and... *gasp!* those who do not! ;o) (We're working on them though! :o) Yes, it's a fun, open, supportive group who basically get together every-other month for an evening of fun, food, laughter, chatter and then for most of us it's the last time we see one another until 2 months later. Each time it's fun to catch up with those we've met before and meet the new gals that have joined!

Last night we once again headed to the Pickle Barrel (which is now our standard location) and enjoyed our evening together. We were even blessed with the presence of adorable, beautiful Ava who had her initial cleft lip surgery only 2 days prior to our dinner! She was too cute for words and still an bundle of energy! Her mommy says she's a great weight loss plan so I'm looking forward to trying that one! I think it's one of the only ones I haven't tried and I'm more excited about the 'Mommy Diet/Chase a Toddler Diet' than any of those other ones I've endured!

Each month we choose a gift theme and have a mini baby-shower. Last night's theme was 'Beach Baby' and people were so creative! Each person brings 1 gift and takes a different gift home. Last night Hannah received some adorable Baby Gap clothes and little hat! Thanks Nicole!

Another treat last night was that Paula's mom knit each of us an adorable little teddy bear! How thoughtful! I chose pink for Hannah (I know you're surprised!) and look forward to adding it to her collection of little, huggable toys. Thanks Paula's mom!

If you're a waiting mommy and you live in our area and want to join us next time, please feel free to do so. Our next dinner is on Saturday, September 8th. Please email me for more details. Also, if you're a bloggy friend who doesn't live in the area and can arrange to be here that day please know that we would love to have you join us! Rumour has it at least 1 mommy from afar is hoping to make it to the September 8th dinner. Hopefully more will come. We would love to meet you!

24 comments:

  1. Look at all of you! So many of my favorite blog people together. And look at Ava, they did a beautiful job with her surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. {{{Sob}}}

    I so wanted to be there. Was thinking of you guys!!

    Next time.

    Great photo--love the bears!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm with jill. sad i missed it :( glad it was a fun night.

    september seems TOO far away.

    the little bears are adorable. love your beach wear for hannah.
    excited that one of the new gals will be getting her referral on monday.

    our homestudy finished up last night and everything is in the ministry and our agencies hands now. YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you all had a great time! I'll be at the next one, I promise. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your group is AMAZING! I love that so many moms are a part of it. So cool.

    The shower idea is a good one too. Very fun.

    Ava is looking wonderful so soon postop. Good for her. Liz looks great too - mommyhood is treating her well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had a great turn out and a great time! I hope to be able to join you in September!
    Safe drive up to the cottage, my sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so love these posts, I live vicariously through you- wish so much I had something similar in my small town. I can't imagine the support you must feel meeting with all these future and current moms.
    It was great to see that pic of Ava! She is so cute, and I didn't see an update on that blog about her surgery.

    See you soon Catherine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. SOunds like such agreat time and Hannah got some cute things! Glad you have support!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What fun and such a fantastic support system you have:)

    Thank's also for posting the picture of Ava. I have been worrying about how she was. She looks GREAT :O

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was so much fun! Thanks Catherine for doing such a wonderful job organizing everything.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, look at all of those lovely ladies. It was another lovely day. Thank you for including us poor, sad Americans!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun group...and little Ava looks wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great group! No wonder you had a wonderful time =)! Love the goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like a great time! Looking good for the 8th!

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete
  15. We had a waiting parents dinner (of sorts!) on Sat night too! Its good to get together with people who "get" what you're going through!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It was another successful night Catherine!

    Looking forward to seeing everyone in September - if not before!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is a whole lot of mommies and a whole lot of fun :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks like you all had fun.
    Sweet little bears!
    Ava is looking pretty happy there!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Another gathering...looks like so much fun!! I will so be there one day with you all....I hope..LOL!!!
    And look at Ava...WOW!!! She looks great!!
    Hey, when I transferred my emails from my PC to my MAC....I lost the ones that you recently sent with all your email addresses and phone number (as well as many other emails.......grrr) so....could you send the info again. I'm thining next week would be better to schedule a chat...maybe monday?? How does that work for you? I'm 2 hours ahead of you. Hope you had a great weekend and now I'm off to catch up with blogs that I'm way behind on!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What did you say...people who are waiting that do not blog...no way!!

    loving your beach baby stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a wonderful group! I live in Florida, but I wish I could join you all! We're waiting for our TA for our second daughter from China.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sounds like a wonderful, supportive, FUN group. So glad you all have each other. And OMGosh, could that little outfit BE any cuter?!

    xoxo,
    M3

    ReplyDelete
  23. I think it's so wonderful to have a Waiting Mommies community!!

    As a single-mom-to-be, I love reading other SMTB's blogs and see how they are enduring the waiting process.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...