Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Successful Surprise!

Yeah! The little surprise that my brother Dave and I planned worked!

A couple of weeks ago I found out that my mom’s sister and brother and their spouses plus a cousin and her hubby were going to be traveling to their cottages last Saturday. They live 6+ hours away from us and we haven’t seen many of them since Christmas yet would be driving right by our cottage. They were up at 3am and on the road by 5!

Aunt Marg and I started planning the surprise a couple of weeks ago and it worked out perfectly! She called my cell phone (my parents didn’t know I’d arrived yet as I was visiting with friends) when Aunt Marg and the gang were near the cottage and I drove out to guide them in. David was on ‘keep the parents in the cottage’ duty which is no easy feat on a rainy Saturday when there is laundry to be done in town. Anyway, he successfully kept my parents in the cottage and I arrived with 6 of mom’s family in tow shortly before noon on Saturday. To say they were surprised is an understatement! What fun it was to show up with family and we had a great visit together!

I love surprises!

PS - In the pic above l to r are: Greg, Marg (Mom's sister and Greg's wife), my cousin Rachel, Aunt Elaine, Neill (Rachel's husband) and Uncle Gerry (Mom's brother and Elaine's husband)

7 comments:

  1. Very cool - what a great daughter to plan such a nice surprise for your parents. Glad it all worked out as planned. :)

    k

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great that you were able to do that for your mom. Surprises are great when they work out and even when they don't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is great! What a truly wonderful surprise. Happy for you that it worked out.

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful and great that everything worked out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds fantastic! I'm so glad it all went to plan!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...