Thursday, July 12, 2007

Electrical Storm!

Last Sunday evening as Victoria and I drove home from the cottage we drove through the most amazing (and somewhat frightening) electrical storm! It had been hot and dry for days and with the cooler temps rolling in it was the perfect setup for an electrical storm.

I would say that of the 2 hours we drove, approx. 1 1/2 of it was lightening, lightening and more lightening. 10 seconds between flashes was a long span to go. We had some rain but not tons, just lots of lightening.

Part way through our drive home I placed my camera on the dash to catch some of the excitement. Victoria was a real trooper for a kid who doesn't care for storms. She also watched 'Mrs. Doubtfire' which helped to keep her occupied.

Here's a little of what we experienced. Kinda cool! Check out the neat lightening bolt around the 23 second mark. We saw lots of these!

3 comments:

  1. I love thunder & lightening ... as long as I'm tucked away in a safe place while I'm watching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some reason I can't see the clip...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...