Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Wow! Secret Pal...you're the BEST!

When I arrived home today there was a wonderful treat waiting for me at the front door. May's SP gift! I couldn't wait t open it as May's theme was 'Music' and I love that Hannah will have lots and lots of music in her life! (I've already asked Sharon to put her on her waiting list for piano students in ummmm...2014!)

Each item in the package was chosen so carefully and with such care. I love the variety of CD's my SP sent too! There is a nursery rhyme CD with old favourites like This Old Man, The Itsy Bitsy Spider and many more. The 2nd CD is a Crayola Storybook CD with stories like Jack and Jill, Humpty Dumpty and the Three Little Pigs.

But, the CD that touched my heart the very most was one called Heavenly Lullabies. Its a Christian Music CD of lullabies just for babies. Some of the pieces are, What a Friend I Have in Jesus, Fairest Lord Jesus and This is My Father's World. SP, I am SO touched that you have taken time to get to know me as a person - I'm guessing through my posts and blog. That you took the time to find a CD like this makes me cry. I can't wait for the day when I can introduce Hannah to God and share how He planned to bring us together long, long ago, because He loves us so munch. Thank you for including such a precious CD! It will be played in her nursery at night as I calmly feed her her last bottle, snuggle for a bit and then tuck her in to bed. (OK, ok...before you all choke! It will also be played on those nights when she fights her bottle, pushes away when I try to snuggle her and screams when we even move towards her crib! :o) Reality check - check!!

Also included in the package was the wonderful book, 'Six Little Ducks' that comes with a CD of the story and others too.

Another treat is a beautiful pink 'h' magnet that will proudly be displayed on the front of my fridge before my head hits the pillow tonight. Just seeing the letter 'h' and knowing it is a reminder of Hannah brought a smile to my heart! (It really must be quite comical as I open these gifts on my own and audibly ooo and ahh over each and every piece of the gift!)

The final item in this most amazing gift was a note with the words to Steven Curtis Chapman's song, 'When Love Takes You In.' I love this piece and the first time my friend Carol heard it she immediately called and offered to sing it at Hannah's dedication service! I quickly took her up on her offer because not only is she a great friend, but she has a beautiful voice and music ministry.

Secret Pal, THANK YOU! I love receiving your gifts each month but this month was just something extra special. I don't know who you are but please know that you, your family and the precious baby you will someday hold are being prayed for. YOU are very special and I am so thankful that you are my Secret Pal!

When Love Takes You In

When love takes you in
everything changes
A miracle starts witht he beat of a
heart
When love takes you home and
says you belong here
The loneliness ends and a new
life begins
When love takes you in it takes
you in for good
When love takes you in

Steven Curtis Chapman

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...