Wednesday, July 12, 2006

In Honour of the Calgary Stampede...

...I thought I'd post a couple of pics from my recent trip. Calgary has a unique and beautiful skyline and as it's in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, it offers some great locations to take pictures of the city skyline. On this particular morning I'd watched the news and saw the beautiful skyline displayed on the TV. From my previous drives around the city I figured we were close to this hilltop location so I hopped in the car and just started driving.

The first major landmark I found was the Saddledome. Home of the Calgary Flames and also where Elizabeth Manley won her silver medal in Women's Figure Skating during the 1988 Winter Olympics. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out why they call it the Saddledome! Seeing it in person, I was surprised at how deep the dip in it actually was!

Nestled beside the Saddledome is Stampede Park which is hosting the infamous Calgary Stampede from now until July 16th. We left the city 2 weeks prior to the stampede but preparations were already in full swing and excitement was in the air!

Ride 'em Cowboy!!!

1 comment:

  1. Ok...you are totally NOT helping me stay away from Calgary this summer!!

    My sister is on me now to come there! She is at the Stampede tonight actually!

    Beautiful pictures you took on your trip though! I can't wait to see the ones you get in China!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...