Friday, July 14, 2006

Changing Internet Companies...'It Will Be Easy'

Don't believe them!!! :o)

Over the past couple of weeks I've helped friends change Internet suppliers. They jumped from dial-up to high speed wireless and networking 2 (soon to be 3) computers together. When we first started the process I was ensured that it would be an easy switch and should only take a couple of hours. Ha! (Being told it would be 'easy' should have caused alarm bells to go off!) In reality it did, but they were gentle little sleigh bells when I should have been listening for something akin to a gong!

In the end, all is great! They're now flying around the Internet far faster than before and each has a computer at their disposal 24/7. (Well, except when I'm there and using it to blog!) It was a huge learning curve for myself but I'm thankful for all the great things I had an opportunity to learn. I'm also very, very thankful for a brother who is a LAN Administrator and was amzingly helpful! Thanks Ken!

If you decide somewhere along the road to switch Internet suppliers or to upgrade to wireless, go for it! But, just be prepared for some bumps along the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...