Saturday, June 27, 2009

Phew!! Now THAT Was A Day!!!

Thank you...thank you...THANK YOU!!! Yesterday was an exciting day that in many ways was amazingly humbling.

The excitement of potentially receiving Hannah's referral was first and foremost in my mind all-day-long!! I'm not sure my feet hit the ground the entire day and the girls at work just kept laughing at me (and with me) and were SO encouraging! They found themselves thinking of their children, talking about them more and one gal even changed her screen saver to a picture of her 3 beautiful children. It truly was a day when family was celebrated even though I did not receive Hannah's referral.

My email box overflowed with well wishes, excitement, threats of heart attacks if I didn't call my agency again ;o) and more than anything love, love, love!! I received many encouraging emails and spent much of the day trying to work while at the same time my mind was all over the place!! Rumor Queen was refreshed frequently as I looked to see if any other agencies were receiving referrals or anticipating referrals. In the end it appears this was an anomaly and only 1 agency received referrals. This has happened one other time as I have waited for Hannah. We're never sure why it happens but sometimes it does and we just need to accept it and celebrate with those who are blessed to receive their unexpected referrals. One of my fellow 'GTA Waiting Mommies' received her referral. Congratulations Lori!!

What has also happened is that my heart is once again opening to the possibility that July could be Hannah month! *GASP!!* I could be seeing my sweet baby's face in a matter of weeks!!!

Thank you again! I am thrilled to be sharing this journey with you and am thankful for all the love and support you showed during yesterday's excitement! I can't imagine what referral day will be like!!! SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

26 comments:

  1. I can't even imagine the excitement of referral day.. I will be a crazy mess.. I get way to excited for all my blogging buddies..
    I am sooo happy for you my friend..
    Love ya girly...

    ReplyDelete
  2. THAT'S IT!! I'm taking my laptop on holidays with me...just for this!!! lol :)

    SO EXCITED!! Can't wait!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. China sure has a way of keeping folks always guessing a little.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well it won't be long for you and I am with you checking any rumours all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are all pulling for you and can't wait for you to become a mom!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Catherine I feel it in my bones.....it will be JULY!!!!

    Love, Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  7. C'mon referrals!! Lets hope that Hannah day is in July!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I believe it's going to be July and you only have a few short WEEKS to go! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I´m XXXX that july will be you and Hannah´s month. And now you even had the possibility of rehearsing referral-day....you can´t be more ready.

    Hanne from Denmark

    ReplyDelete
  10. So close......are you sleeping?????

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so hoping it is July!!!
    You will be a GREAT mom and I just can not wait to see you and your daughter (and her taggie:)
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! How exciting!! I look forward to hearing your wonderful news in not too long!

    Mary Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the label of this post...The Final Countdown! It was exciting and will only be even more thrilling when it is for real and Hannah time is here!

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such an exciting time. I have really good feelings about July! I can't wait to read THAT post. I get tingly thinking about it...
    j

    ReplyDelete
  15. You can bet we will be stalking RQ and your site awaiting your referral!!!
    peace
    fm

    ReplyDelete
  16. Am riding the "roller coaster" with you! My coworkers are all getting use to my "perpetual giddyness". I pray that we both receive our referrals in July!! Don't forget to keep your arms in, and your seat belt securely fastened!!
    Best Regards,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow - where have I been! Very exciting days! I'm SO looking forward to July... you and Hannah are NEXT!

    ReplyDelete
  18. July it is! I'm so thrilled for you! At last!!!!

    Donna
    Our blog: Double Happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMG, can you stand it!!! I'm so excited for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I actually held my breath when I came here tonight! Still hanging in there waiting to see sweet Hannah :) I love your spirit and your amazing encouraging self, Catherine...cannot wait til we see your baby!

    Love,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm so happy I found your blog. There is a little girl I met in China who should be refered in this next batch. Her name is Min DongPing and she is 2.5 if any of your friends with the same LID get her referral please have them contact me. I have lots of pictures of her. I know this is a long shot but it doesn't hurt to put it out there. Thanks! Praying your little girl comes soon.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hoping and praying that you are IN the next group!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. We rode that roller coaster - now we're riding roller coasters with Joanna Mei - seriously ..... well, The Barnstormer @ Mickey's Playland. She wanted to do it and in the end she didn't quite like it.
    We'll keep checkin' back -
    Love ya,
    The Schafhausers

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh wow
    who from the group got the referral? so exciting.

    catherine, i am so excited for you. this is it, the countdown is on. i will be screaming in happiness when i see March 23rd is included in referrals!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I can't wait having followed you for years it is about time !!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...