Monday, June 01, 2009

Thank you! and....NEXT Month!!

Thank you so much for all your Birthday wishes yesterday!! I had a wonderful day celebrating it with family at lunch and then later with friends! More celebrations to come tonight with my friend Deb then in a couple of weeks with a precious friend whom I'll be visiting with. Birthdays are fun!!

Can I tell you how excited I was to wake up this morning and realize that next month...NEXT MONTH I should be gazing at a picture of my sweet daughter's face for the very first time?!!! Believing that I'm 2 referral batches away from receiving Hannah's referral gives me great hope that July will be our month!! Ooooo...goosebump moment for sure!!

This morning's devotion in 'Our Journey' by James MacDonald was a wonderful reminder of God's faithfulness and truths. They are:

God always has a plan for you

God' timing is always perfect in your life

You have nothing to fear

You've got a lot to learn
- not handling situations on my own but humbling myself and realizing the God uses everything to accomplish His good in my life. Amen!!

The really neat thing is that these truths are applicable to both the exciting and challenging times in my life right now. We are still spending time daily at Grandpa's bedside, caring for him, loving him and still with so many more questions than answers and yet still trusting God each and every step of the way.

The above truths are useful in our love and care for Grandpa which is a challenging time and yet they are also just as true in the excitement and anticipation of waiting for Hannah!! I love how God is with us always. Through the good times and the rough ones and that through it all He loves us, cares for us and never leaves us!!

Trusting You today Lord for both Grandpa's situation and my sweet Hannah too. Thank you that You have a plan for me and that Your timing is always perfect. Thank You for the faith and courage to believe that You are working out all things for good in my life. Amen.

23 comments:

  1. Glad you had a Great Birthday...
    I can't wait to see Hannah's pretty little face..
    I am sooo excited..
    Like I have said .. . this is sooo much more real to me.. seeing all of you that I had met last summer getting your referrals.. LOVE IT..
    Have a great week.
    let's hope we see some babies this week too..
    Hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to my dear LID buddy! Hope your day was special! I do believe July will be our month, and we will be celebrating together! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Next month...can you believe it!!!

    Can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey sweets!!! I tried to post a comment last night under your previous post but blogger was acting up and I couldn't! :(

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Your very last one before Hannah is home to celebrate with you!!! How cool is that???!!!

    Can't believe you are going to see Hannah's sweet picture so very soon!!! This is going to be such a great summer for you dear friend!!

    Soooooo........now that you have your basement all organized....I think you might have some time to Facebook now!!! lol hehehehehe ;-)

    Love ya!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAPPY belated BIRTHDAY! Sounds like it was a special celebration for one special girl.

    I can believe it will be soon. After all this time. What a blessing, and what a celebration it will be!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful. Thank you for blessing me with this today.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy, Happy Birthday!! Can't wait for next month!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday!
    Hoping so much that you're right, that July will be our month, that we then will find out who are waiting for us in China.
    / Marie, Sweden

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday again, sweetie! Can't wait to take you for a birthday pedi. Wheee!

    ReplyDelete
  10. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!! You are soooo close to HANNAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yikes! Missed your B-Day! Sounds like it was a happy one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A day late... but Happy Birthday!!

    You're right. Next year you'll celebrate with Hannah. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Belated Birthday Catherine!

    I got chills when you said how close you are to seeing your little girl's face!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So glad that you had a great day.

    I hope and pray that July is your month!

    If not sooner?!?!

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just stopping by to say I hope you had a great Birthday,
    loads of love,
    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. When you look in your baby's eyes, you will know the wait was all worth it. God had a plan and your child (the perfect child for you) will be delivered. If you would have left a year ago or even a month ago, it would not have been her. You will understand why you had to wait soooo long when you hold her. She was just not ready yet.

    I can't wait!!!! I am soooooo happy for you!!!


    Love,

    Sharyn

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Belated Birthday Catherine. What an amazing post. Of course it brought to mind Jeremiah 29:11.. For I know the plans I have for you says the Lord....

    Nothing happens by chance (at least that is how I think) Can't wait to see your sweet Hannah!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love reading your blog, you post today is very uplifting. Trusting God and humbling yourself enough to step back and let God take control are things I always need reminders of.
    It is so exciting that Hannah is so close!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Birthday!

    What an exciting time, I can't wait to see your sweet Hannah!

    I so admire your patience and faith throughout this long wait, and I believe God will reward you with a very special little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dear Catherine
    I've lurked on your blog off and on for--well--hmmm--a LONG time. I'm soo happy for you that your countdown is finally drawing to a close and there IS some finite end in view. Judging from your Operation Basement--you are fortunate to have a LOT of support and that will be invaluable to you. I applaud your patience--my own granddaughter is 4 1/2, came home about 5 months earlier than the Salsa Twins--back then my own daughter's LID was in March and their Metcha Day was Halloween--OF THE SAME YEAR!! I will be checking in this month and next as I'm excitedly waiting to see your referral pics--BEST to you

    Pat from OH
    Sarah's LaoLao
    http://sarahs-adventures.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy Birthday! I don't seem to get to all my friends as often as I used to (you just wait!!).
    We are so happy to see the March LIDer's getting so close! Hoping for next month!

    ALyzabeth's Mommy for Eight months

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sounds like you had a great Birthday!!! Happy belated Birthday to you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...