Saturday, March 22, 2008

Winnings and Whinings

Things began looking up in the Roll-up contest this week as I rolled up a coffee on Monday and donut on Thursday! Do I hear a 'Wahoo'???LOL...after rolling up the coffee and taking the pic I almost threw it out before ripping off the winning tab. Oops!) Thankfully I remembered just before heading to the garbage. The funny thing was I could hardly believe my eyes when I intially saw the word, 'WIN'...it had been so long and I was just used to 'Please Play Again.' So yes, being oh so (NOT) humble I quickly sent out an email to the gang to let them know I was back in the competition! It's still anybody's race as no one has really taken off this year. Considering we're more than 1/2 way through the roll-up season we're surprised by the low numbers of wins. Last year's winner took home a whopping 13 prizes so we still have lots of coffee to drink to try and catch up to last year's stats.

Speaking of stats, you may have noticed that my sidebar stats have changed slightly. People have begun to feel sorry for me (read: they're tired of my whining about not winning) and, winning tabs are showing up as gifts and in the mail!! Monday evening I got an envelope in the mail from my Aunt (who is only a few years older than I am so it seems funny calling her 'aunt') with not 1, not 2 but 3 winning tabs in it!! Thanks!! She and my cousin Scott had put together some of thier winners and sent them to me hoping it would stop my whining.

Sorry to disappoint ya 'Auntie Marg' but I'm not gonna fix what's not broken. All I've done is change the labels labels on my table from 'Coffee and Donuts' to 'Real Wins and Whining Wins!' :o)

Have I mentioned lately that I'm 3/49? I'm blowing the 1/9 odds of winning to pieces!

8 comments:

  1. You, my sweet friend, are the CUTEST!
    I think I'm two for 50 or so. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm 0/1. I don't drink coffee so I guess those results are ok.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tee hee. I'm 0 for one. You can tell I drink coffee a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep rolling and hoping! I am there with ya doing that too.

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have not won a thing and i buy a coffee everyday SO your sure doing alot better than me! GGGRRRRR! Amy (Emma's mommy....taggie fan)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...