Sunday, March 23, 2008

Celebrating 2 YEARS Closer to Hannah!!


Can you believe it?? 2 years ago today someone in China picked up my file, took an initial look at it, logged it in their records and I was officially logged with the China Center of Adoption Affairs!!! 2 years friends! In some ways it seems like forever and in other ways I remember that time like it was just yesterday.

I just looked back and reread what I'd posted to this blog on March 23, 2006 and honestly it gave me goose bumps!!! You see, just minutes ago I just finished writing an update letter to my email family and friends who may or may not follow this blog. Today I wrote,

'I would ask you that as I am anticipating her birth sometime this year that you please pray for Hannah. Pray that she will find love in the orphanage. Pray that she will have a caretaker that takes a shine to her and loves her in a special way. This type of love is so important for the formation of her little brain and the critical stages of formation it will be going through before she is in my arms. I cannot be there physically but God can put someone there to hold her, love her and care for her and this is what I’m asking you to pray for. Please pray that she will be loved and know that she is loved. I love her already.'

and if you read the post written on March 23, 2006 you'll see much of the same there. Too cool! The really neat thing is that the night I wrote the original post I had absolutely no idea that that was the day my file was logged in China. I would not find out that piece of information for almost 2 months!!

The other commonality of tonight's letter + the 2006 post that makes me laugh is the sentence 'my baby girl may already have been born!' Ummm...ya. That didn't happen! LOL!! This year though...this year!!!!!


Today I also purchased a little something for Hannah since it's a big day! I've had the Playskool Busy Ball Popper on my wish list so decided today to pick it up and put it away for her.


At 6 months I made her a Build a Bear.














At 12 months it was a new rug for her nursery.

18 months was a t-o-u-g-h time during the wait so I didn't purchase anything at that time but now I'm in a much better frame of mind and so today we celebrated with 24 long stemmed roses and a Busy Ball Popper!

Even though I don't know how much longer I will have to wait for Hannah's referral and then to meet her, I will wait. I will wait with a longing in my heart and an ache to hold her in my arms but...I will wait. Continuing to lean on God and trust Him.

Hannah,
I love you so very, very much. I cannot wait to meet you, to love you, to hold you in my arms and tell you how much I love you. I pray that even before you and I meet, that you will know love by those God puts in place to care for you in the orphanage. May you know what it's like to feel their loving arms hold you and may you know friendship with the other precious babies that will live their lives in the cribs near you. God has amazing plans for your my sweet baby girl and I am humbled to think that He has chosen me to be your mother. I love you baby girl. Mommy loves you....

44 comments:

  1. That's a loooong time to wait. But you are closer now. I'm thinking before the end of this year, you'll see Hannah's face. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! 2 YEARS!!! Who would have thunk it???!!!!

    I LOVE LOVE LOVE your dedication and clear vision in all this!! STRAIGHT from DAY ONE!!!! :)

    I can not WAIT till Hannah is HOME!!!! :)

    LOVE you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go, girl! Stay strong and Happy Easter to you!
    Blessings,
    DOn & Be

    He Is Risen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on 24 months down.

    I know none of us thought it would be this long - but you are so close now. There is NO WAY it will be another year for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy LID Anniversary!! Our daughters will with us soon.
    Happy Easter!

    Alyson LID 01/27/06

    ReplyDelete
  6. two years. wow. i remember when you emailed me that you were on this journey, who knew then that we would be on one similar a year later :)

    i hope we both meet our children this year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Who da thunk you would have been waiting two years. You are so close now my friend. Happy 24 months and keep positive.

    ReplyDelete
  8. HAppy 2 years, friend.
    we are getting there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Catherine! It has to happen this year . . . it just HAS to! Good decision to purchase the ball popper toy. When Samara turned one year old, she got that for her birthday. I'll admit that my initial reaction was "oh no, not another toy!" However . . . it has turned out to be Samara's absolute favourite toy and still plays with it to this day. So you made a good choice.

    Love you lots and can't wait until the day you have Hannah in your arms.

    Blessed Easter to you!

    k

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Easter.

    Hoping you hold your baby girl before another Easter comes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a heartfelt post to your girl.
    The roses are beautiful.

    Happy 2 Years!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on 2 years and Happy Easter to you today! Two big celebrations in one day......hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. 2 years closer! Hannah will be one lucky girl to have you for her mom. Happy Easter!!!

    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are such a great example of grace under fire. The wait has been horrendous, but you soldier on with dignity and quiet faith. I truly find you to be an inspiration. I hope that next year you will be able to celebrate Easter with your Hannah.

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy 2 years! I hope it's not too much longer...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Easter and I know that next Year we will be seeing Hannah in her beautiful easter dress on her way to church!! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  17. This WILL be your and Hannah's year!
    Wishing Hannah love while she waits for you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your dedication is absolutely inspiring... and NO, I cannot believe it's been 2 years!! Congratulations Catherine- that is just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stay strong. Little Hanah will be loved by you soon! 2 years down and now hopefully you can count down the months.

    ReplyDelete
  20. 2008....this is it! Your year! This post made me cry!!!!

    My 2006 friends have waited so long!

    I'm so glad referrals are finally in 2006!!!

    You will be a wonderful Mommy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. awesome post. 2 years down and hopefully only a few more months to go!!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, can't believe it's been two years...it won't be long now though!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, 2 long years! Congratulations on getting this far with a great attitude intact!

    Happy Easter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. It is hard to believe but it something to celebrate. 2 years done and right here with you to celebrate and hold you up when you are down. We are getting there...

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, you are really getting there!

    Lea

    ReplyDelete
  26. You have 2 years behind and not ahead of you - yippie! Happy 2 year anniversary!
    Michaela
    Orlando, FL

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Catherine, I've checked your blog for a bit now as we adopted our little one in Nov 06 and stumbled across your blog somewhere along the way. I have to say that your words often bring tears of happiness to my eyes...even though I don't know you, I feel Hannah is a much loved little girl who will be fortunate to have such a wonderful, loving mommy! I'll continue to watch your journey and may it come quickly for you!

    Jody (dougjodym@msn.com)
    dd Olivia (Guiping, China)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congratulations Catherine!!
    2 years is such a long time to wait, but you are doing it with the most amazing positive attitude. Your patience is incredible!

    The roses are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Two years behind you! You're getting so much closer!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Sometimes, tunnel vision can be a good thing. I loved reading this post today and it was needed, more than you know.
    I bought that infant game for my niece at Christmas and she LOVED it!
    Congrats, my friend. You'll be holding Hannah and loving on her soon. And I'll be there to hold your diaper bag. :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Happy LIDversary to you!!! On April 21st we will celebrate our 2 years!!! Incredible isn't it???? When I saw those roses on the video , somehow I knew they were yours. Have a blessed week.

    Love and blessings, Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  32. 2 years closer to your Hannah!

    I love those ball poppers... I was just looking at one of those myself!

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a great post...a little walk down memory lane. Happy 2-year LIDversary!

    By the way, the ball popper is on my list too. Kids LOVE this toy and I think it's kind of fun too!

    Donna :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. I'm just catching up! Happy 2 years behind you. I'm praying that your turn comes soon. (Hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Happy 24 months! You have such a great attitude and outlook on all of this waiting...an inspiration.

    Can't wait to see Hannah home with you!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Warm hugs, friend. We're 2 years in and drawing closer to our kiddos at last.

    Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Happy 2 years....so much closer to your Hannah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Just popping in to check on you, hope you're doing okay :O)

    ReplyDelete
  39. Ok, so how did I ever miss this beautiful post??? Happy 24 months my sweet friend... what beautiful words you've written for your daughter to be....

    ReplyDelete
  40. WOW....I cant believe its 2 years!! You have the greatest attitude and your reward at the end of this will be the greatest gift. Keep your chin up and I cannot wait to see sweet Hannah in your arms. You will be hearing me shouting from SK!!!

    Cant wait...1.5 months until we meet!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...