Friday, November 23, 2007

Celebrating 20 months Closer to Hannah!!

Wow...this month has sped along quickly! What fun to be celebrating my 20 month LIDiversary!! (Although, my head keeps thinking the number 23...don't know what's up with that?!! And yes, it may be a little early for a Poinsettia but I wanted to enjoy it for the month of December rather than just the last 2 days before Christmas which would have happened if I'd waited until next month. So, Merry Christmas!)

Today my file has been logged with the China Centre of Adoption Affairs (CCAA) for 20 months which brings me 20 months closer to my precious baby girl! Wahoo!!! As much as it's exciting to see the number of months begin with the number '2' I'm still pretty confident at this point that I'll work my way through the 20's and see numbers starting with a '3' by the time I get her referral or have her in my arms, but that's just fine with me.

Today I'm celebrating being in the waiting line for 20 months!! As today is 'Black Friday' I've thought about this journey as being in a waiting line. In this line I've brought along a lawn chair, some great reading (blogs, blogs and more blogs!!!), See's chocolate and Tim's coffee. You know me by now and know that I've talked to as many people as I can that are in line with me and we've formed some amazing friendships that I hope will last a lifetime!!

When I get discouraged I stand on my tippy toes, stretch my neck and look to the front of the line. Guess what?? Those friends are seeing pictures of their little ones!!! There are also many, many others who are already home with their sweeties and every single one of them says the wait is worth every minute and I trust them 100%.

So, I'm ready! Settling into my lawn chair for the next bit of the wait. Coffee anyone?? Let's chat!

(This is one of those posts that kinda took on a life of its own as I typed it. I tried to include as many of you as I could. To those I missed, I'm sorry. After a while I was confusing even myself and figured it was best to stop while I was ahead! Please know that if you're reading this and leave comments so that I know who you are, you are appreciated!)

37 comments:

  1. You have definitely listed some wonderful people here.
    Happy 20 months!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Catherine. 20 months! That's huge. It's been so much fun getting to know you and I'm celebrating being 20 months closer to Hannah right along with you!

    k

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 20 Months Done my friend!

    This journey is a long one but knowing you and sharing it with you makes it easier. I know this is a friendship that will last.

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 20 months! Keep hanging in there!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're right behind you, girl!
    20 months - tomorrow!
    Celebrating the fact that we've made it this far!
    Celebrating what is to come!
    Blesings,
    Don & Be

    ReplyDelete
  6. 20 months. Wow! Who was it that said it wouldn't go past 15? Oh yeah that was me ....back when I was a completely delusional rookie, right? LOL! Now I know better. I'm glad we're hanging on in this wait together, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome post Catherine!!

    Happy 20 Months to the most optimistic, encouraging friend in this line up!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy 20 months closer to Hannah! I love your positive attitude...one of the many reasons why you are so loved!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wonderful, wonderful, your day is fast approaching...

    my new blog is up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy 20 months closer Catherine! As always your positive attitude is inspiring :) And nope there better not be any 3's for you (HUGS)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are out of the TEENS!!! Twenty is feeling pretty good, don't ya think? Get me a Tom's, I'll grab my laptop and lawn chair and let's get in line and CHAT!!! Love ya and miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy 20 months Catherine! Hang in there and keep that positive attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your attitude (as I've said before)! I know we need to enjoy every minute because that is all we have, but it is so hard sometimes. Thanks for the positive reminder!!

    Hugs, Dale (fellow single waiting mom - LID 5/24/06 - 18 months closer to Sophie tomorrow)!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy 20th Lidaversary!!!! You're in the "enties"!!!!!! That's sooooo great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm hoping this next 12 months brings so many referrals for many bloggy friends. Happy 20 months.

    ReplyDelete
  16. 20 months is a huge milestone. Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is such a big milestone! Happy 20 months Catherine!

    Smiles! :o)
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on 20 months!!

    You really MUST be getting close!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats...that's a big milestone... funny how time both flies and stands still isn't it.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  20. I hope you had a GREAT thanksgiving and a happy happy 20 months!! I LOVED this post, where you gave the analogy of standing in line and peeking towards the front!!! You are SOOOO inching nearer to the front of the line, my bloggy sister!!!! And I just wanted to let you know that I'm thankful this year to have met you :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a wonderful post! Glad you are doing so well with the wait! You ARE almost there now!! Can't wait to celebrate with you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations on being
    20 months closer to your
    precious little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh I really hope you do not have to wait three years...I waited four years in total, but was recently united with my sweet DD... it was all worth it....something you will never forget...Take care...

    ReplyDelete
  24. 20 is huge! We really are getting closer - congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy 20 months to you! That was a great visual and a good one to read. I hope the line gets a lot shorter this month!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Happy belated 20 months. It's been an honour to meet you and be part of this crazy journey with you!

    ReplyDelete
  27. How did I miss this post?

    Well, happy (almost) 21 months now =)

    P.S. - It's worth the wait plus TONS more =)

    ReplyDelete
  28. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...