Sunday, November 06, 2011

Celebrating our 2nd Hannah-versary!

Wednesday Hannah and I celebrated 2 wonderful years together as a family!  It’s still hard to believe that two whole years have passed since my beautiful, amazing, wonderful daughter was placed in my arms!

November 2nd is a day of celebration for us!  The day that God chose to bring Hannah and I together as a Forever Family!  I like to make it a special day when we look at pictures of the day we met, watch videos as well as go out for supper.  Someday I hope to finally find the time to create a Forever Family Day movie but for now we watch the little video clips we have.

I wanted to give Hannah a little something special to celebrate this day so I gave her the ‘Big Bird in China’ DVD which she has already enjoyed a number of times!  IMG_2927She says the monkey scares her a bit but she still wants to watch it.  I just make sure that mommy is close in case she needs some extra reassurance and hugs during those parts of the movie.

In the evening we celebrated by going out for supper with our wonderful friends Auntie Deb and Uncle Scott. (Pic taken Oct 1st at their son Jeff’s wedding.)IMG_2496

We went to a great local Chinese buffet restaurant that is a special treat for us to go to. IMG_2936

Once again getting a pic with my wonderfully active 2yo proved to be a fun challenge!

When it was time for dessert Auntie Deb and Uncle Scott surprised us with a special gift of celebratory Family Day cupcakes in the shape of a ‘2’…decorated with Mickey and Minnie!  Oh, they know us well!!  Thank you AD and US!!IMG_2943

Hannah, Mommy loves you SOOOO much!!!  My life has changed in the very best ways now that you and I are a family!  I love every moment we spend together and still find myself tearing up at times just realizing that you are my daughter!  I love you Hannah XiaoFen!!

Love, Mommy  xoxoxoxoxoxo

5 comments:

  1. Happy Hannah day, can't believe that it's been two years already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fun way to celebrate Hannah day!

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a perfect celebration! You guys are treasures!! Happy Family Day...a day or two late. :0

    ReplyDelete
  4. A little late to the party but happy belated family day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...