Thursday, December 16, 2010

Brrr! It’s Been a Cold Few Days!

This week we’ve been experiencing some c-o-l-d weather!  Monday I emailed M3 to say we were ready for some warm temps and thought a visit to CA was in order.  She said to let her know what time we were flying in and she’d be at the airport.  Now that’s a good friend!!  If it were only that easy!

With the wind chill Monday it was a frigid –32oC/-25oF!  I walked to my car with a mitt over my head as brain freeze was happening in the short time it took me to walk the couple of blocks to my car.  Thankfully it’s not like this often but when it is I’m a wimp and immediately begin planning (imaginary) trips to places warmer than where I am.

Last night I had to call M3 as on my way home when I saw something that even made me giggle!  One of the men in our complex was trying to get to his mail but the lock was frozen.  After trying to gain access by warming up his key and using lock de-icer (both without success) he got serious.  As I arrived to get my mail he was lighting a flaming torch thingy (right behind my back which made me quite nervous in my coat with the fake fur collar) and he was flaming his mail box!  Heh….that’s a first! 

I’m not sure if it worked or not but you can see a little bit of the soot left behind on his mailbox. 

Now that’s someone who’s serious about getting their Christmas cards!!

DSC_6119

If I’m suddenly in the mood for smores this winter I know I can look up the guy in Unit 21 and he’ll be only too happy to help me!

4 comments:

  1. HAHA!!! We have warmer weather here in TX too, I don't know if I could handle that cold.
    That man must have some serious mail coming. Now, I would only do that if zI had some important adoption mail coming, but not just for regular mail. heehee.
    Hope you are staying warm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still laughing about this. Too funny!!! It's rainy and cold here today. Boo. But the closet installer comes, which is even better than sunshine. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear ya...the cold is not fun!

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...