Sunday, December 09, 2007

Christmas Tree 2007!

Well, I'm finally able to post that I met my own Christmas Tree Challenge and I am so glad that I did! Just taking the time to put it up, play with the branches, check the lights and then carefully place each ornament was a wonderful experience. It's amazing how 1 (large) decoration can make such a change in the way my home looks. This year I put the lights on a timer so that when I go downstairs in the morning the tree is beautifully lit and a treat to see. Christmas is a time to celebrate the birth of our Saviour and King, Jesus Christ and I am excited that the celebrations of His birth are beginning to take place!

I wanted to share a special ornament that was lovingly placed on my tree for the first time this year. Last December Rebecca and I went to Disney and we bought this beautiful Mulan decoration. For some reason (probably because I didn't unpack my suitcase until after Christmas!) she didn't make it onto the tree last year but this year she holds a place of honour, front and centre on the tree.

I wanted to say a special Thank You to all who chose to participate in the Christmas Tree Challenge. Not only has it been wonderful to see all your beautiful trees but I hadn't anticipated reading all the stories that go behind the decorations and themes of your trees. I have linked to all those who have participated so far and they're listed on the link above.

I love my tree, the colours and theme of it but I will happily let all of that go to have a tree that's decorated by precious little hands so that all the decorations are about a foot from the floor and all in a clump! Oh, now that will be a beautiful tree!!

29 comments:

  1. You're tree looks beautiful. It makes mine look like a charlie brown tree. Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Catherine! Your tree is magnificent and so festive with all those decorations.
    K2 won't allow me to put on very many ornaments as he like the bare bones type of Xmas tree, but I love a fully decorated one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How festive! I know Hannah will love your tree too...hopefully next Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How festive! I know Hannah will love your tree too...hopefully next Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tree is adorable. I'll have to check out the others that have taken your challenge.
    Blessings on your Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very pretty tree!!! I love that Mulan ornament :-)

    I am still planning on participating in the challenge. I just need to find the time to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy your last Christmas Tree with glass bulbs on the bottom limbs! Only plastic now for the last 3 rows!!

    Love the Mulan ornament.....gotta get me one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The tree is beautiful! I have got to take some pictures of my tree so I can take your challenge! Soon - promise!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks great, Catherine! I've been waiting to see YOUR tree! Yep, you'll get clumps of tinsel, but it'll be great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah! It's so pretty! Glad you got yours up!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your tree is gorgeous! Need to get me one of those Mulan ornaments.
    Can Ava and I join your Christmas tree challenge...put ours up yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your tree is simply lovely! I especially love the Mulan ornament.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your tree is simply fabulous Catherine! Love that Mulan ornament too...

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a gorgeous tree! I love all the lights - I have a pathetic amount of lights!!!

    I'm sure Mulan will always hold a special place.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a beautiful tree! I love that timer idea. You deserve the lovely glow!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Catherine! I just looked at your tracking records on your sidebar. I had no idea that the wait was getting so long!!! Last I checked a couple months ago, I thought the wait was 2-2.5years. Really it's up to a three year wait now? Gosh, that's just so long. Bless you for waiting ;o)

    Hugs, Esther

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your tree is beautiful. Thanks again for issuing the challenge!!

    Alyson
    LID 01/27/06

    ReplyDelete
  18. The Mulan ornament is beautiful!! Your tree is stunning! I love the timer idea, I think I will do that next year.

    I hope to finish my tree this weekend and get it posted on my blog. I love this Christmas Tree Challenge that you started. It is so much fun getting to see everyone’s trees and read about their decorations and traditions!

    Smiles! :o)
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your tree is beautiful. I came across your blog from Salsa in China. Our LID is 05/15/06. I went to your timeline to see yours. Funny how your post in March of 2007, we were looking at a 24 month wait. Now it is looking like 30 months. Happy Holidays!

    Laura
    Green Bay, WI

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your tree looks awesome! I like the Mulan ornament. You can check out my tree for the tree challenge. I got it from the Waala Family.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh wow Catherine! Your tree is so beautiful - just like in the magazines!!
    Just to let you know, my tree picture is up now too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your tree looks great!!
    Finally got around to posting pics of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your tree is STUNNING!!!! I miss ya girl and I'm sorry I haven't been around lately but I'm back with a vengeance! Smooches to you my buddy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful tree! I am sorry the wait looks so long. Hang in there and enjoy the holiday. You know, Christmas is about miracles.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...