Monday, December 17, 2007

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas!!!

What a beautiful day it was yesterday as we had a day full of snowy goodness!! Much time was spent outside shovelling, shovelling and shovelling again. Somehow snow in December, the week before Christmas is fun to shovel. Ask me again in February and my response might be a little lot different!

It has been many years since I've been convinced that we're going to have a white Christmas but I think it's a given for this year. Yeah! I love a white Christmas!!

The weeks before Christmas are also filled with shopping for most of us I'm sure. I love the excitement of being in a busy mall...as long as I can find what I'm looking for. Friday night a couple of weeks ago my friend Deb and I headed out for supper and then a night of shopping. This picture may look like my shopping was very successful but in reality it's just a fun pic of niave me! :o) Would you believe I didn't buy a gift that night? What happened was that she bought one gift and when we got to the cash of the next store I offered to hold her first bag. Guess I forgot to give it back. It quickly became a game to her (and I was totally oblivious!) that each time we got to the cash of the next store she'd innocently ask if I could hold a bag for her while she got her wallet out. Well...it took me 6 stores to catch on that I was carrying every single thing she'd purchased and she was walking around empty handed! We howled when I finally caught on to her game! LOL! So glad she didn't feel golf clubs or a new microwave were on her gift list this year! I might have caught on a little earlier if they had been....or not!!

The following morning I was up bright and early and headed out to Toy's R Us at 7am. On the way I picked up a yummy Tim Horton's Candy Cane Hot Chocolate. Ahhh...the perfect combination for a wonderful time of buying gifts for my niece and nephews. Hot chocolate and a toy store!

Finally, this pic just makes me smile. This past Saturday my friend Sharon and I spent a wonderful day of shopping together. She and I have taken a day to Christmas shop together for the last number of years and I always love that day together! We were a little later this year but it was such a wonderful day together and I'm glad we were able to find the time. When we went back to her place for supper she told me where her gifts were hidden this year and I just had to take a peek for myself. Yup! The gifts are all tucked safely away in the bathtub of the spare bathroom! LOL!! Creative gift storage 101. Now, lets just hope someone doesn't decide to take a shower with out looking behind the curtain first! Love you Sharon! I'm so glad we had Saturday to spend together and shop for the ones we love.

21 comments:

  1. I would love to have a white Christmas! The pictures are so pretty and I'm glad you're having a fun Christmas season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed so hard about your story at the mall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One day I want to just come visit yuo and soak in all of your positive energy! Sounds like you are really embracing this season, and never without a sense of humor! That last photo cracked me up. I never thought to store my pile of gifts in the extra tub!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That hot chocolate looks so good. We have white all around too. Your friend is so organized to have everything wrapped already. Happy shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was pretty clever of your friend to get you to carry her bags! Sounds exactly like something I would have done :)

    Storing gifts in the tub, huh? I'm always looking for new places to hide gifts. I can honestly say that was one place that never crossed my mind :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would also LOVE a white Christmas.

    Funny about the presents in the tub, since that is where our presents are as well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your so postitive about the holiday I should just click away as I don't want to sour your mood. I'm all about a palm tree Christmas with online shopping. Can not stand the business of the mall.

    Glad you had a fun day with a great friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your friend is hilarious! Trust you aren't too badly snowed in!

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you can't have Hannah for this Christmas, you at least have a white one!

    You are so cute to do the oblivious bag holding thing.... I am in shock that you did not buy anything at that shoppy day. I see from your next shoppy day, you and Tim had a successful shoppy.. What a great place to stack the stuff... in the tub!

    Hee Hee
    Hugs my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice snow pictures!

    We had snow this weekend, but the weather is calling for a warm up this week so our White Christmas may be gone.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so jealous that you are going to have a white Christmas! I wish I was!

    You did some mega good shopping girl!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely decorations and too much snow!!!

    Keep smilin!

    P.S. Here is my link for the challenge: http://3dsadoptionjourney.blogspot.com/2007/12/christmas-challenge-2007.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a positively uplifting post! I'd love to join you for a cup of that delicious hot cocoa. It looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That Hot Chocolate is delicious. I have one almost everyday ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I know I'll have a white Christmas because the white stuff that's here now is FROZEN SOLID and not going anywhere anytime soon!!! lol!!! It might LOOK like snow but I assure you it's SOLID ICE!

    I LOVED that game your friend played with you - it totally reminded me of something I'd do! ROFL!

    ... and what a great place to hide the gifts! However what I want for Christmas IS a spare bathroom!!!! Sharing just one bathroom is too much for me to handle, esp. when you have a high-maintenance hubby! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That drink looks YUMMY! I doubt we will get snow....they are calling for more rain....yeck...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yup it sure is beginning to look like Christmas.

    I just tries one of the candycane hotchocolates the other day!! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  18. wish we had a chance at a white Christmas! LOVE that candy cane hot chocolate...looks oh so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I believe that we will be having a white Christmas as well. We have frozen snow on the ground and we are expecting 5 more centimetres tomorrow. I love it as long as I don’t have to drive in it.

    I laughed so hard at you holding all the shopping bags for your friend. Sounds like I need you to go shopping with me!

    I will soon get my pictures posted of my tree for the Christmas tree challenge. It has been fun seeing everyone’s trees and ornaments.

    Smiles! :o)
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a clever place to hide gifts! Glad it was a succssful outing despite your not buying anything...then again looking at all those bathtub treats it looks like at least one shopping event was successful! Oh, that peppermint choccy looks so inviting!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...