Thursday, December 20, 2007

Christmas Light Adventure!

Joy-Lynn and I decided a couple of weeks ago after our 'digger pictures adventure' that it would be fun to take her girls out to see a nearby neighbourhood that is famous for their beautiful lights. Given that Joy-Lynn and I tend to take the fun, adventurous route together, normally it's just the two of us. This time we decided to have fun with her girls and the fun began moments after we left the house. This little sign was on the street that we intended to take to the next town. Did we turn as requested and go via the highway? Ummm...nope. We just went by to see how it was. No problem at all. The road was great and I'm guessing it will be open soon. Her oldest daughter was a little surprised by her mom's driving though as a little 8yo voice pops up from the back seat, 'I don't even know you!' Oh yah...the fun had begun! LOL! It was so neat to hear the girls gasps of wonder and squeals of excitement as they saw the houses come into view one after another. Here are a few of our favourites. This was her oldest's favourite! Absolutely beautiful!!
An evening with us would just not be complete without...ice cream! It may be 6 days before Christmas with snow on the ground and a nip in the air but it's always ice cream time for us! (As soon as Joy-Lynn told the girls about our adventure her middle daughter talked about the last time Miss Ryan came over and brought ice cream! Tonight's ice cream fun....



Thanks for another great time Joy-Lynn! I love your idea of making this an annual tradition and look forward to the day when Hannah's little voice is ooooing and awwwing along with your girls!

14 comments:

  1. What a fun and beautiful evening. Ice cream and sweet girls...good combo.

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the look of the log cabin - I may be biased - we live in one.
    Merry Christmas,
    Don & Be

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that is really great....Hannah will already have many friends!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun, I loved hearing the excitement in the voices of the little girls as they saw the lights. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know the area well. Hubby & I drove through on sunday evening. Beautiful! The lights are the best I've ever seen. Puts my icicle lights to shame.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I recognize that street!!! I go there every year...this year I get to take Ava. Heading there this weekend.
    Love hearing the girls ooh's and awh's.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So fun! Don't ya just love getting together with friends?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, are those the lights around my neck of the woods? I haven't been to see them this year, but may take a drive this weekend. Looks like you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such GREAT fun!!! Those houses are beautiful. Ice cream in December - F-U-N!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun! You girls are too crazy eating ice cream when it is so cold outside! I guess this is just what happens with foreigners! Hehee. What a joyful thought to be sharing the wooo ahhhs with Hannah (and Tate)!

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great lights! The girls looked like they had a blast! Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like fun! I just posted on my blog about a visited to The Enchanted Forest in Saskatoon - no pictures, sorry - but Channing was along and it was fun to see through her eyes.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...