Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Card Making with a Friend

What fun it was last night when Kathy came over and helped put together Christmas cards. I've made my own cards for a number of years and enjoy doing so but this year was extra fun as we spent the evening together chatting, drinking apple cider, laughing and eating Christmas cookies. Yummy!!

Thanks so much for all your help Kathy! It was great fun spending time with you! Love you lots friend! xoxo

Some here will be receiving the cards so you just get a sneak peek at the back in Kathy's picture. :o)

Christmas Tree update: My friend Deb surprised me this week and popped over to help me carry the box upstairs. Thanks Deb! As you can tell by the size of the box compared to the piano, it's not a box I should handle alone. I did for a few years but after a couple of stumbles on the stairs I promised myself that I'd wait for help to get it up and down in the future. So, we're getting closer. Christmas tree is upstairs. Check! Next, find time to take it out of the box and decorate it. Sounds like the perfect fun for Saturday morning. Maybe it will snow some more? I may treat myself to a Timmy's candycane hot chocolate too. Had one yesterday...oh my! Deeelicious!

15 comments:

  1. So fun! I've been working on cards this week too and I was just thinking to myself while I was making them that my favorite cards to receive every year are the homemade ones!!! They're always just so fun and personable!! I'm soooo not crafty at all though or I'd attempt that myself too!

    It's great seeing Kathy's picture!! It's been awhile since I've caught up with them and now I'm wondering why! Did her blog go private?? I can't remember now. Say hi to her from me!!!

    I'm participating in your tree challenge as well!!! I'll post the pics on my blog today!!

    Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to make my own cards, I have a huge rubber stamp collection. It is really fun, especially with a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be careful! Candycane hot chocolate from Tim Hortons = addictive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Catherine-

    I've seen so many of your lovely comments on blogs I read. So I thought I'd drop by your blog. How exciting you are so far along in the adoption process!

    Today I happened to link to you from Don & Be.

    After almost three years, we brought our two girls home in September 2007. I blog about it on a private blog. If you would like an invite, please email me at
    sweetangelplus4@yahoo.com.

    Cheers and Hugs to you! -Esther
    ps..I love crafts and cardmaking too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you both had a lot of fun! You're both so creative.

    Can't wait to see the tree...out of the box.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool card making day! Sounds nice!

    Your piano looks beautiful....:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Homemade cards are so fun but I just haven't had any time this year so I bought cards. I can't wait to make cards with Maggie ... whenever that will be.

    Candy cane Hot Chocolate!!! OHHHH ... I gotta’ go!!!

    Smiles! :o)
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  8. Making your own cards...I'm impressed. I'm lucky to get the store kind in the mail on time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your hot chocolate sounds devine!

    I've been such a slacker the last couple of years, and haven't even BOUGHT Christmas Cards! So kudos to you for being so clever!

    Good luck with the Christmas tree... the decorating is the very best part!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like fun! I have always wanted to make my own cards!

    lea

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now that looks like fun! I wish I had more time to craft it up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun evening!! Crafty goodness.

    I make my regular cards but not Xmas. Too many! I hope I get to your handywork.

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great Christmas activity! Can't wait to see your tree! I will be kissing on Tess tomorrow and I will give her one especially from YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like the perfect craft night making your holiday card and spending time with a friend.

    Looking forward to seeing your tree up and decorated!

    Donna :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Its so much fun making cards with friends:) helps me with my craftiness

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...