Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Ice Cream Fun

Joy-Lynn and I enjoy hanging out in the evening, normally after her kiddles have been put to bed. Her hubby works evenings so normally our fun begins around 9. Recently she let the two oldest stay up until I arrived and it was extra exciting when I came bearing ice cream! Mmmmm! As you can see from this pic it didn't take long to polish off all the yummy goodness.


Joy-Lynn and I have gone to the same church for years but didn't really know one another well until she walked into Curves a couple of years ago at 6am and I was there working out too. A new friendship was born and it's wonderful!! (Yes you read that correctly. We met at Curves and now our time together has moved on to ice cream parties or scoops with cheese dip!)

I'm also thrilled that Joy-Lynn will be the one caring for Hannah when I go back to work. (Unless I'm retired by then! :o) Do you think I should be concerned? This was what happened last week when we went out to a movie and then grocery shopping together. Gotta love a friend who knows how to have a good time!!

Hey Joy-Lynn! Maybe next time we'll try for the racing car cart!!

20 comments:

  1. She sounds like a fun gal! Beautiful smiles all around.

    And how much do I love that you hit the DQ in October?

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like lots of fun. I think I need some ice cream.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love great friends. What an extra wonderful find that she will be watching over your girl when she is home. Ah, I wish I could rest easier about what I am going to do on that front. It'll work out...I'm just anxious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have such GOOD friends because YOU are a good friend. Sounds like she is someone I would love as well.
    Glad you have child care planned out. That is a big weight to carry, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like the perfect friend for you Catherine. An ice cream get together sounds like a lot more fun than a Curves get together! :)

    k

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a relief that you have a friend to care for Hannah when she comes home!
    Looks like you all had a great time.

    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  7. Does Joy-Lyn wanna come live in Australia for a while?!!! I guess that would mean you would have to come too, hey Catherine?!!!

    It is such a relief to know that your most treasured person in the whole world, is being cared for by another treasured person!

    ReplyDelete
  8. look at all those blonds under one roof! So, do you really have more fun????

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have friends like this....that is what keeps me from going insane!

    ReplyDelete
  10. She sounds like a wonderful friend! Can't believe you have day care worked out already! You must be so relieved to have someone you really love and trust to look after your precious Hannah. I'm stressing over that big time right now...been interviewing for the past couple weeks. Cryed all the way home from the first interview!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great friend! Hmmm, I think I need to get me some ice cream now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's so great....your friend looks like a real blast.
    Those are the best friends to have!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG....Melissa's comment is so funny I pretty much lost what I was going to write.........so do ya have more fun?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great pics of you and the M. family!!! Everytime I read your blog about ice- cream, I have a craving...better dash out to DQ for that blizzard!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love that picture of the four of you! Wait til you get little Ms. Hannah in there.

    Hope you enjoyed your halloween

    Deb
    (Olivia's lucky mom)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Friends and ice cream ... 2 perfect ingredients for a great day!!

    Smiles! :o)
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  17. I about spit coffee all over my computer when I read about the ice cream and Curves!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You girls all look alike! Nothing better than good friends!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...