Friday, February 03, 2006

We Have A Winner!

I'm happy to tell you my long-form birth certificate arrived yesterday. Yeah!

This weekend I will put the final touches on my dossier and Monday it will be couriered to Open Arms!

I received an email from my agency today advising me that the Ministry has recently hired a new employee so they're hoping the back-log off approvals begins to move through in the next few weeks.

This news hit me differently than I thought it would. I'd thought I'd be elated to hear that approval was hopefully coming soon. Instead, my conscience was pricked when I thought of what had caused the delay. It was mainly because of an illness of a member of the Ministry staff. (An illness that to the best of my knowledge they are still battling.) I'd been aware of that for a few weeks but sadly, I'd been more caught up in my own little world of 'awaiting approval' to fully take time to think of this person and what they must be going through. Today I finally (much too late to feel good about) thought of them and put their needs before my own. I don't know who this person is, or what illness they are battling, but today I was able to pray for them and ask God to work healing in their body. Not for the sake of my adoption, but for the simple fact that they needed to be brought back to full strength for their sake and the sake of their family.

Thanking the Lord for my health today and praying for those who need Him to work in them.

2 comments:

  1. You're so good.

    I'm happy you are closer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WoooHooo!!! That great!!!! Soon you will be DTC!!!!!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...