Thursday, August 05, 2010

Vacation Time with Grandparents

(Wednesday, July 14 to Wednesday, July 21, 2010)

The day after we returned from our trip to California and Utah Hannah and I continued our road trip with a visit to her grandparents who are all vacationing at Muskoka Bible Centre.

Our first 4 days were spent with Nana and Papa at their trailer. In this video I’d left Hannah in the care of Nana and Papa while I got ready for the day. Heh…so this is what happens when Mommy isn’t looking! No wonder she loves spending time with them! She was giggling this entire time!


At one point I mentioned to Sharon how much Hannah had enjoyed playing with kitchen stuff at Ro and Ree’s. I went to look for a few little kitchen utensils and the store didn’t have any but before I could turn around Nana was putting this fun little kitchen in her cart. (Hmmm…maybe when she’s 16 I’ll mention how she enjoyed driving their car? ;o) Nana and I both thought that when we opened the box we’d pull out a little kitchen set. You can imagine our surprise when this was what met our eyes!!DSC_4171

Once it was set up Hannah knew exactly what to do! It was absolutely amazing to watch her play and know exactly what to do. It shows how much she’s watching each and every thing we do!


DSC_4177 DSC_4174

Using her travel high chair. What a great little gadget this is! Found it at Target online.DSC_4180

Enjoying some frozen yogurt.

DSC_4183 DSC_4184

Colouring with Nana

DSC_4204

The second part of the week we moved to Grandma and Grandpa’s cottage which is also located on MBC property. Here she and Grandpa go for a walk in front of their cottage as the sun was setting.

DSC_4193 DSC_4189 DSC_4191

Laundry basket rides from Aunt LouiseDSC_4188

DSC_4186

Hannah’s little kitchen moved to the cottage with us and here’s she’s enjoying playtime with her cousin Rebecca.DSC_4219

‘Helping’ Grandpa blow up the bedDSC_4221

My sleepy Shaoey. Oh how cute is this little butt in the air pic? (I calculated and by this time Hannah had slept in 6 different beds in less than 3 weeks and in each one she went to sleep like she was home. I’m so thankful that it’s our routine for mommy to head upstairs with her and hang out in the room while she sleeps. It works so well for us and she’s a champion sleeper still averaging 9-11 hours each night.)DSC_4224

Feeding the ducks with Grandma and Grandpa

DSC_4227

Bottle time with Mommy. Still some of my favourite times each day. I’m in no rush for her to stop taking a bottle as these moments together are precious!DSC_4237

Playing fun, creative games with RebeccaDSC_4239

Deck time overlooking the lake. Mom, Dad and Uncle Tim. Check out the scenery behind them. We are so blessed with the location of the cottage that mom and dad rent each summer. Beautiful hills behind them and the lake out front. God’s handiwork displayed.DSC_4249

Dad, the ever dedicated grill master

DSC_4250

Ice Cream is almost a food group unto itself at the cottage and pretty much a daily treat. Check out the grip Hannah had on me just in case I had any thoughts of taking a bite of our ice cream cone! :o)DSC_4243

Phew! If you’ve made it through this entire post, congratulations. We had so much fun and I didn’t want to leave any of it out.

Thanks for sharing our 3 week vacation with us! Wonder where we’ll be off to next???

8 comments:

  1. LOVE the stroller stunt. It was so funny. Glad to see you and Hannah are thriving together. Precious visits with grandparents are priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to laugh at the box of bits you bought! I have had that experience so often. The worst is on Christmas morning when they desperately want to start playing and you have to build it first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! You are a busy pair! Glad to see/hear that you are having such a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pictures!!! The stroller video was very funny! Loved it!!! Hannah is getting so big! That kitchen is too cute and she will love it for many years. I also wanted to tell you that I loved you hair in you last post when you were with a friend. I loved the little flip to it. Very cute. Your always cute but that was just different.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much fun you've had this summer, I know that you don't want it to end! Such great experiences for Hannah and what a great little traveler!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Catherine,
    Never apologize for pictures, videos and commentary. I'm pretty sure we all love it!!
    I adore it. So do the granddaughters!! We just love Hannah and enjoy seeing her play.
    Can't wait for the next days post!
    Love from hot, hot, Hotlanta!!
    Miss Lila
    Ilana
    Sadie

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have the same kitchen and it was 2 hour time for mummy to put it together. But so worth it for the smiles of new discovery.

    Love the travelling fun!

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what fun memories you guys are making together! And my 4 year old still takes a bottle in the mornings cuddling with me... I treasure those times together and am in no hurry to take it away :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...