Saturday, August 14, 2010

Everything Tastes Better With Dip

Hannah loves to dip everything into anything. I’ve learned lots of interesting combos from my sweet baby girl. Some I’ve tried and liked (blueberries in vanilla yogurt) while others I’ll leave to her taste buds (pizza in guacamole; grilled cheese into caramel sauce). It’s kinda fun to see what combos she comes up with and it also keeps mommy on her toes looking for things she can use as dips. I have chosen not to introduce ketchup yet as I don’t want her to ‘need’ it with each meal and also it’s sugar she just doesn’t need.

Here are a few pics I’ve captured of my sweetie enjoying her meals. She’s an amazing eater for which I am very thankful!

Potato chips in yogurt. The goodness of the yogurt cancels out the potato chips right? :o)DSC_4263

Watermelon into yogurtImported Photos 00023

Something that’s no longer here into apple juiceImported Photos 00289

You may notice the common element in all these pics is Hannah’s plastic bib with the pocket at the bottom. Before I was a mom I saw these on other children and in the store and never understood the need for them. Oh how I get it now!!! Hannah loves to feed herself and I’m happy to let her do so when time allows. The bib catches a multitude of dropped/spit out food and has saved many an outfit from the laundry bin. We now own 3 of these and they go everywhere with us. Oh yah, they’re also useful for snacking from when mommy takes your tray to wash it!


13 comments:

  1. FYI...Heinz has ketchup that is low sugar and salt. You can get it either way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those bibs too - they come up beautifully when washed in the dishwasher!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe she'll be a food artist some day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't that funny, we had those bibs too and could never convince the boys to wear them. And yes, yogurt cancels out chips every time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The organic ketchups have significantly less amounts of sugar and they taste the same.
    You might like to try her on some Hummus as a dip. I add a little bit of mayonaise to it to make it a little creamier...Ava loves it. It's a great source of protein and you can get it in the little individual packs at the super centre...great for sending for lunches to day care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute little dippin' sweetie! Tate is yet to get into the dipping and eating. She will dip and then lick it off. I have learned not to provide the dip if I want her to eat.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute..
    Looks like Hannah really enjoys her food.. that is a good thing..
    Have a wonderful weekend..
    Hugz..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry, I had to laugh.....Ketchup bad;caramel sauce good...!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL Gramma! You're right!! We were at McDonald's that day and she dunked her grilled cheese sandwich into the caramel sauce for the apples. Heh!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Catherine, Hannah is on to something though because my mom (a million years ago) used to put a little apple jelly inside our grilled cheese sandwiches. mmmmmm.... That is a sweet memory for me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aah, she has discovered one of life's most fattening joys! I think I can go through an entire bag of chips dipping them in salsa! You might introduce her to dipping vegys into various yogurt and legume dips.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My daughter loves veggies in low fat ranch dressing. She is also a fan of anything dipped in salsa and hummus.

    Stace

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pizza in guacamole?? Not to sure about that one! LOL! Give your sweetie a hug from us!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...